embarrassing fan in front row student sect. left side

jmolina

I know fans will be fans and get on the opposition

from time to time during the game. But there's was some

mouthy young blond haired kid in the front row who's teeth

I wanted to knock out last night. This guy was running

smack to a player about how he did his girlfriend last night.

Then this skinny punk was saying to the player, "Come get some of this." And of course the expected Bob Huggins DUI smack. One

time maybe OK. But this idiot wouldn't let it go. The funny part is

this jagoff looked like he couldn't fight his way out of a paper

bag. But he had a lot to say when he knew he couldn't be touched.

Memo to student section: shut this guy up before someone shuts him up.

Next time, it might be me who does it. That or I will inform an usher

the nextime.

Yeah, I know exactly who you're talking about. The kid finds one player on the opposing team and says the same 3 things to him all game, and then personally insults the coach and a couple other players. I'm surprised he didn't mention anything about Huggin's heart attack, although I guess I could've missed it. I agree it gets quite old, and it's even more annoying when you're a student sitting a couple rows from him. Somehow although we lag in student turnout, we still have idiots like him. Soomebody needs to shut him up. Maybe this guy is related to those Detroit fans that thought they could beat up the Pacers.

I know who you are talking about. I was right above him and I didnt hear the girlfriend joke. In his defense, everyone underneath the basket was yelling at huggins about the DUI. I mean when he was drinking water from the cup, the band chanted "what's in the cup". On a side note. I started a "graduation" chant when the cinci players were warming up for the second half. Anyone think I was out of line? It sure got their attention though.

It really is frustrating then whenever I yelled, the savvis echoed. That is when I know we dont have enough fans.

Oh come on ... it's a college basketball. you guys are College students ... Hug's has made himself a target ... let him and his band of thugs have it. If our student section didn't stay all over him ... that is what would be weak. Like someone said ... his heart attack is borderline ... (but if I'd of thought of something ... I would have went there) ... his family should be off limits ... but Hug's himself ... let him have it ... with all barrells.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

mnick you do know that for the last several years the cincy academic standings has been pretty good. they have been graduating more players than saint louis university has and just a few years ago the cincy basketball team won the cusa academic award amongst the other basketball programs. cant really use the old cincy academic thing anymore.

People you can not have it both ways - if you want a rabid fan behavior to make the Savvis not a good place for visitors to play then you can not get upset when someone says things that upset you. Do you think the Antlers would not have said those things - your kidding yourself if you think not. This is what happens everywhere. Now if we were the only ones doing it then fine but can you imagine what is being said in the Cincy seats. Let the kids do what they want. If it works they will keep doing it if it doesen't they will come up with another approach.

We don't want to resort to that kind of stupidity. I remember at the Coulmbia Bills/Tigers game the Antlers spent the entire shoot around calling Chris Braun a ***. What a bunch of classy, classy guys. I think St. Louis U. can be raucous without being crass. It is a fine line though.

I am confused - sometimes the Board complains that people are too timid at games and then sometimes the Board wants to put on this holier than thou act. If the fans are overboard then people around them can complain and the Savvis ushers will stop it - they are good at taking the air out of the crowd. Until then, let the people do what they want - as I said if it does not work then they will stop and find another approach. I did like Roy pointing out that if you are going to do those things at least make sure they are factual - if Cincy's grad rate is up then find another creative thing to get on them about. As far as the Antlers are concerned, they are one of the reasons playing at MU is tough - like I said earlier you can not have it both ways. I am sure Chris Sloan has heard the word *** before and it did not cause him to fall apart. Players are use to nonsense coming from the fans - as long as people are not running on the court or throwing things that can cause injury to the players then fine. Remember, sticks and stones can break your bones but words will never harm you.

I'm sorry. I expect more from Slu students than "Jihad's a ***" I expect a higher class atmosphere where I won't have to explain the word *** to my six year old son. If you can't come up with something to mess with a dude named Jihad without using profanity you don't deserve that unreadable latin sheepskin. Loud doesn't equal rude, profane, and obnoxious.

Rich ... I can't beleive you are the one taking the "be nice" side of this discussion.

Though I would never yell anything using the word *** ... I did yell pretty loud asking Hugs which ref was his girlfriend ... but I think that was okay because I beleived it to be factual based. I really beleive at LEAST one of the refs is a current girlfriend of Hugs.

Rich, your concern for your son hearing things you don't approve of is why I said to report it to the ushers. If you are not willing to do that then figure out a way to explain to your son that some people use language that is not appropriate for him - that is the role of a father, all of us have had to do that with our children. The only other suggestion I have is that if you want to go to an event that has all well behaved fans then head to Powell Hall.

I'd like to be loud and friendly. There is no need for profanity. The dui/Huggins stuff is fine. The "Hey Baby" jabs are terrific.

I've got a question for you: If it's ok to cal Chris Braun a *** can we start dropping the N-bomb? How about the f-bomb? I think not.

Fortunately this debate is academic. The Savvis thought police will usually not allow things to get out of hand. They chastised my brother for yelling Missouri Sucks at the last game of the slu/mu series. I've heard the MU crowd chanting "bull$hit" after they don't get a call or two.

BTW I'd rather explain profanity, bigotry, homophobia, and outright stupidity to my son than try to make him appreciate Wagner.

I agree with you Rich ... it is a fine line. I have never had a person who sits near me complain, in fact many times the opposite happens ... but the worst I will yell is usually "you suck" to a ref. As I noted before the usher who sometimes sits right in front of us told me I couldn't say that. Which IMO is stupid ... sucks is not a bad word ... it is commonplace and no worse than stink. Needless to say ... I continue to yell suck if I feel warranted ... which seems to be pretty often.

Except for Hugs ... or if a player or coach is acting like an idiot (and yes I am the sole judge and jury for idiotic actions), I rarely yell at the opposition ... it is my job as a NCAA sanctioned referee's assistant that causes me to get a little vocal on an occasional basis.

sorry rich, but i have slipped on occasion at the savvis when "treated" by the fantastic officials that has been furnished for our games myself. i started laughing last game after i was giving it to the tall skinny white haired loser ref, when this lady next to me who has been very quiet all year and i believed somewhat taken back by some of my referee evaluations, joined in and was giving it to him as well. obviously she is a quick learner. later on when i was standing and screaming at huggins and nick williams for the cheap shot on polk, i looked over and she was right with me. that would have made any true fan proud.

i always yell at the opposing coaches, especially if they have an elevated opinion of themselves and an untrue view of their worth to the atmosphere, i.e. huggy, pitino, scum cal come to mind. when they visited, i loved to give it to idiot mike deane, fat pat, pretty q to name a few. i think anytime we have the opportunity to try to distract the opposing coach we should do our best. it is our billiken duty.

Oh yes we can ... this is Cinci ... If I run out of good material ... I'll make crap up.

Just because they graduate ... doesn't mean they go to class or learn anything ... but hell who am I to talk ... I'm a Sooner fan.

After watching OU last night ... I would love to see them play Cinci ... That would be one rough and tumble game ... Maxiell going against Bookout ... talk about physical.