couple of other college bball notes

billiken_roy

for those of you still a little skeptical about the real skills of kevin lisch and tommie liddell and how they will measure up to college ball, i noticed that in purdue's first game, xaiver price started, played 31 minutes and by the box score looked like he was at least the 3rd best player on the team.

anyone that has seen the matchups in high school, knows that both lisch and liddell always outplayed xaiver price when they would go head-to-head.

also, i went over to naticat's house friday nite to watch the opener of cincy vs valpo on the internet. (nice that cincy fans have the opportunity to view any game not on nbc, cbs, abc, espn or fox by clicking on the appropriate internet links and paying the one time annual $100 fee. while this is more than the billikens fee to hear the billikens on the internet, the feed was fantastic and it was broadcast and color commented by the regular cincy broadcasters.)

i particularly wanted to watch dan oppland, who was an area player that went to valpo to play. oppland appears to be one of their go-to guys and was very good inside. if my memory serves me correctly, romar recruited him hard, but he wanted a package deal with his twin brother. valpo gave it to him. romar wouldnt. his brother mike is now playing at truman state. oppland would have looked nice in billiken blue.

Vanilla ... there you go again ... that wit of yours is incredible. Please count me as a fan. There are not many people with the insight and inclination to go to a teams fan board and talk smack just to stir up trouble and all annonymously. Wow ... I really am impressed you should be proud.

I'm sure your mommy should get credit also ... she raised you and lets you use the computer to share your wonderful opinions with the rest of the world.

Thank you and thank you Mrs. Ape

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

the story i got third hand at our truman state game was that mike realized he was not going to play at valpo and left on his own to head to truman. to his credit, i thought in the truman game he did a good job.

you have balls of brass to have the gall to visit here and talk smack when it appears the mi$$ouri program is still a mess. yeah we lost our first two games that we believe we should have won. whatever. you would prefer we continue to dwell on the past weekend and talk negatively? sorry, i am doing what i can to try to change the tone, especially my own, which triangle made me realize over the weekend has become to far the other way.

as to my notes, what is wrong with bringing up some different discussion topics? i far one was anxious to see how price did at a big ten program and how he would work into the lineup. to be honest, i am a little surprised he has been thrust into such an important role so soon. thus my post.

i was also meaning to post the oppland information since friday and always got sidetracked. romar wanted oppland badly and had he known that mike just wanted a chance to prove himself and then would move along without his brother, my bets are that we would have taken that package deal as well. instead we got ryan hollins, who never showed because coach romar left for washington, and the kid from vashon that ended up not even playing college basketball. if you cant see the discussion merit of both items, you are a sad individual. but we already knew that.

hehehe naticat loves the new bearcat point guard, jihad muhammed. while he admittedly had some fine moments, imo he is a slightly better shooting "chia pet" stokes imo. wait until you see his hair.

... he's a brave and loyal sport. A risk taker. Just the other day, I saw him at the Palace in Auburn Hills with his white ball cap and blue "Wallace" jersey on. I thought he was well-behaved. Then I changed the channel ... heck the game was over ... the Pacers were up by 12.

>for those of you still a little skeptical about the real

>skills of kevin lisch and tommie liddell and how they will

>measure up to college ball, i noticed that in purdue's first

>game, xaiver price started, played 31 minutes and by the box

>score looked like he was at least the 3rd best player on the

>team.

Of course taking another view, you have Grant Agbo who consistently beat up on Kalen Grimes playing off the bench for truman St.

no the hairstyle had nothing to do with his like of jihad. remember the cincy point guard position has been a problem since logan retired from professional sports (graduation, same thing). jihad is admittedly better than the pg's the bearcats have trotted out since logan.

.. Jihad Mohammed ..... I think he was rated the #2 JUCO college player in the land last year behind Taj Gray (maybe). My wife had two kids in grade school ... Obinan Okinan and Odiman Okinan.

Of course, at last night's soccer awards for our girl's team we had Jess, followed by Jen, followed by Jan, followed by another Jess, followed by a Jan and then a Janelle. Not to be outdone, the field hockey team then recognized Kaitlyn, Kate, Katie, Kathleen, Kristen, Kourtney and so on. Seems to run in cycles.

But this Jihad one is a classic, that I'll agree.