i am taking a break from our billikens

some of you may have noticed that i have not posted for a while. after nearly eight years of posting nearly daily on the various versions of this board, i am taking a break from this board. i have watched several practices and two exhibition games and have lost hope for this year's team. i was discouraged when we failed to sign a great center this offseason, and the results this far have done nothing to persuade me otherwise. hopefully, the team will prove me wrong during the next week. but until then, goodbye. sometimes, a break is necessary.

Okay, I have no clue (I have a (real) good hunch though) if you are the real billiken_roy or not, for many reasons.

1) Why the new Logon name, biLLLiken_roy. Hmm...

2) Why are you hiding your profile, Roy would never do that?

3) Roy has been through much worse than a bad exhibition game to give up on the Billikens... MUCH worse.

I think we may got a troll on our hands boys...

Steve

I am completely stunned. I never thought I'd see the day you would lose hope. After all of the battles that we've gone through, you decide to lose faith based on a meaningless exhibition game.

I know last year's team had Marque Perry and he was magical. However, I still stand by the comment that this team has upgraded their talent level with the exception of Perry, who is very hard to replace. There were some very dark periods last year. Let's not forget TN-Martin, SMS, and Houston losses, which were very bad.

Why you think Frericks is a bust is beyond me. True, SLU doesn't have much inside, but they had very little last year. I don't see much of a difference. Yes, Kenny Brown was a very good interior defender, but he was horrendous on the offensive end. With Soderberg's pack defense, I just don't see team exploiting SLU that much inside. The question remains whether the combination of Bryant, Izik, and/or Drejaj will make up for the huge loss of Perry. Regardless, I don't see much of a deviation from last year's record. This team will hover around .500. I don't see this team just winning 10 games or less. They'll be too fundamentally sound for that.

First of all, billiken_roy is not capitalized, nor does it have an extra "L" in it. Second, while Triangle andToo routinely writes the phrase, "our Billikens," I've NEVER read such an idiom from the real Billiken Roy. Third, Roy has posted over 4200 times, not two. The real Roy may not have logged in for three days, but that's not unprecedented. But he would never stop following and defending the Billikens -- certainly not on the basis of exhibition play.

Advance warning for the rest of the board: for me, my handle is thicks, so if you ever see someone post as Thicks or THicks or T_Hicks, it's not me.

I just tried to log on as "Thicks"; I was able to log in, and it automatically made me "thicks." I conclude that it would be impossible for anyone to register with a handle of "Thicks," "THicks," "THICKS" or even "thicKs," because the script treats all capitalization combinations the same. Therefore, the reason this imposter has an extra "L" in the handle is that he tried to register as "Billiken_Roy" and the script rejected it because "billiken_roy" already exists -- the difference in capitalization doesn't make the handle different.

This is without a doubt not Billiken_Roy, but I don't think it's Too either. Although I hate Too's posts and think he can be a complete moron (and borderline loser), he has never misrepresented himself. I've seen him on other boards and he usually goes by the same name. I don't think T&T is QUITE as spineless as this moron....

That this isnt the real Roy. For one, he has no computer access at this time. For two, this roy claims to have seen 2 exhibition games. Well that would be hard for Roy to do since I was sitting in his seat at the EA game, and he called me afterwards to see how it went.

College Students that are not up at 1 am are FAR and FEW between...

We haven't had many trolls here, but it adds a little spice to the board every once and a while...

Nati, where is Roy anyway, my guess is either Anita took him hostage and dragged him away from SLU Sports, or he is at one of his kid's sporting events?

Steve

i wish we had triangle's "goodbye post" available. this fraud post sounds a lot like i remember old three sides tearful goodbye.

for those of you too dense to realize it, the above is a fake. i am going nowhere. i was in philly for business all week and did not take my laptop with me. i guess i cant do that again.