Womens Basketball 2023-2024

thetorch

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Unnecessary drama toward the end going cold from the line lol.

You are not kidding! Oh well, it was a win, I’ll take it. I’m glad to see Brooklyn Gray looking to be alright at the end of the game. Moving a little slowly maybe, but after that messy spill she took and the way they carried her off the court, I thought there was a very serious injury. Hopefully she’ll be ready for the GM game.

9 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

You are not kidding! Oh well, it was a win, I’ll take it. I’m glad to see Brooklyn Gray looking to be alright at the end of the game. Moving a little slowly maybe, but after that messy spill she took and the way they carried her off the court, I thought there was a very serious injury. Hopefully she’ll be ready for the GM game.

I agree, we need her inside presence. Anytime we beat Dayton is like 2 wins in 1. 😎

OkieBilliken likes this

GM came out hot, shooting 69% for the first quarter, they have a 23-11 lead. A few too many turnovers and fouls for the Billikens, but GM looks like a really good team on its home court. Might be a tough night. They are undefeated at home.

18 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

GM came out hot, shooting 69% for the first quarter, they have a 23-11 lead. A few too many turnovers and fouls for the Billikens, but GM looks like a really good team on its home court. Might be a tough night. They are undefeated at home.

69% is unsustainable (I say trying to jinx GM) I think even if they lose, they'll make it close.

68-43 GM after 3, they are shooting 56% for the game, Julia Martinez and Kennedy Calhoun both with 4 fouls, not looking good. 18 TO’s by SLU, that’s a problem. GM has just looked flat out good on offense.

Technical on Tillett, she’s fed up with the refs, she got tossed from the game after drawing 2 Technicals, looks like Jimmy Colloton coaches the rest of the way, 6 straight free throws for GM. Even the GM announcing crew said Tillett had a point, bad calls from the ref.

91-61 loss for SLU, GM 51% for the game. @Pistol’s lookalike, Associate Coach Jimmy Colloton, had no magic answers to bring them back. 21 TO’s by the Billikens, several of them on bad passes. Coach Tillet not so respectfully disagreed with the refereeing of the game. Oh well.

TheChosenOne likes this

3 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

91-61 loss for SLU, GM 51% for the game. @Pistol’s lookalike, Associate Coach Jimmy Colloton, had no magic answers to bring them back. 21 TO’s by the Billikens, several of them on bad passes. Coach Tillet not so respectfully disagreed with the refereeing of the game. Oh well.

Jeeeeeez, not super happy with that result. 

5 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Jeeeeeez, not super happy with that result. 

Yeah, not a lot of positives. GM had a week off, came on strong and rested, they are way up in NET ratings, up around 50 or so. They’ve been a tough team this year, unbeaten on their home court. They just flat out looked good on offense and didn’t let up. This is a good team SLU just played.

1 minute ago, White Pelican said:

Women beat GW 66-56. McMakin 21, Kennedy 20 points. Had some ups and downs but a nice road win.

I think the women will be better positioned in the conference than the men this year. Road wins have been scarce, but the non-con was more challenging.

Tough game today, Billikens face Richmond, who’s 17-4 and 7-1 in the conference. I don’t think Dr Chaifetz stuck around for the game.  Too bad, he could have gotten a free Billiken bead bracelet, free heart shaped sunglasses, and gotten his picture taken next to a cardboard cutout of Taylor Swift.

41 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Tough game today, Billikens face Richmond, who’s 17-4 and 7-1 in the conference. I don’t think Dr Chaifetz stuck around for the game.  Too bad, he could have gotten a free Billiken bead bracelet, free heart shaped sunglasses, and gotten his picture taken next to a cardboard cutout of Taylor Swift.

When SLU won 11 of 12 last season, Richmond was the sole loss in that stretch. Would be cool to get them back, especially given that they're stronger this season.

Took 2 minutes, but Richmond was first on the board in the second quarter with a 3. SLU missing easy layups. Grrrrr.

Bad shooting quarter for the Billikens, but good defense continuing all game, 29-26 Richmond at the half. Several of those missed layups should have gone in. Only 21% for the second quarter.  They lead the TO battle, forcing 14 the first half.

Thought SLU was shooting its way out of the game with a brutal second quarter offensively, but they forced 10 turnovers and are only down 3 at halftime.