Great RPI news

kwyjibo

IUPU-Fort Wayne beat Savannah St. for the coveted "we're not the worst team" trophy.

Congrats on Randy Bennet's St. Mary's team for showing that defense (and continued overrating of the Pac-10) rules. Beat Memphis (and all their lucrative Pell Grants!)!!

"Beat Memphis (and all their lucrative Pell Grants!)!!"

Memphis may be even better than I feared. I knew their freshman PG Darius Washington was going to be good but who knew that their freshman power forward Richard Dorsey was going to be Dennis Rodman on the boards? Fourteen rebounds a game, even if it's just for two games, is ridiculous. Averaging 14 rpg in just 21 mpg is absurd.

3 star said,

"Fourteen rebounds a game, even if it's just for two games, is ridiculous. Averaging 14 rpg in just 21 mpg is absurd."

now THAT is an inside player.

Amazing how people want Memphis and Cinci quality athletes but don't want the attitudes that come with them. Fur coats and arrests being the obvious character flaws.

Some day Bauman will sing the praises of Ian. Sabonis from 10-years ago could come to the Billikens and we'd still hear complaining that he doesn't jump high enough or run fast enough down the court.

6'8" power forwards are not the same players as 6'11" centers if they were than 6'5" guards would be playing power forward as the difference is the same. They are different kinds of players. 6'11" players with 38" verticals are not only rare they are non existent. 6'11" players with 24" verticals are in the NB A out of high school.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I guess from my post YOU equate the description of the player to IV. With regard to your prediction, I hope you are right but I don't think you will be. So as not to waste our superior talent at the 1,2 and 3 spot in the next few years, BS will have to get some A-10 quality talent at the 4 & 5 spot with our remaining scholarships this year and next. If not we will be sitting here a few years from now looking back on the great DP, LM, DB, DC, KL and TL years and regreting the lack of a couple of good bigs to round out the team (Just like we did after Claggett, Highmark and Waldman graduated).