Midtown Madness: S2E38 w/ Jake Forrester; MBB Schedule Updates; Recapping Our Talk w/Tillett; Baseball Falls at A10

Jake Forrester joins the show to talk about his decision to grad  transfer, his recruitment, and playing against his former coach Archie  Miller this coming season. We talk about his time playing with premier  high school players at Westtown School, becoming a father and where to  really get your cheesesteaks when you hit Philly.  

Men's Basketball new updates including scheduling and outgoing transfers.

We recap our interview with Rebecca Tillett and her latest staff  addition.  

Baseball finishes A10 Tournament a disappointing 1-2.

View the full article

kberry1992 and Pistol like this

Yet another incoming player who seems like a great dude.

If you're used to just listening, might be worth pulling up YouTube for the part where we ask him about playing Archie/URI this season. We couldn't even finish the question before he reacted. Not sure how it plays on audio, though. Safe to say Jake will be ready for that game.

thetorch likes this

5 hours ago, Pistol said:

Yet another incoming player who seems like a great dude.

If you're used to just listening, might be worth pulling up YouTube for the part where we ask him about playing Archie/URI this season. We couldn't even finish the question before he reacted. Not sure how it plays on audio, though. Safe to say Jake will be ready for that game.

14:55 mark

Pistol likes this

3 hours ago, thetorch said:

I love this Forrester kid.  He said all the right things.

My read is that Indiana was a bad fit (except for the strength and conditioning side), and that Temple was a combination of underwhelming and marred by the pandemic. He seems locked in now - excited, focused, determined, and in a good headspace.

In the 20 minute mark Jake mentions he's been working hard on his three point shooting - think I speak for everyone when I say him around the 30% mark would be a nice surprise, and anything better is a god send. That'd be enough to give him run alongside Okoro at times. 

2 hours ago, Midtown Madness said:

I'm shamelessly bumping this thread. The further away from this interview I get, the more fondly I look back on it. It's lowkey one of my favorites, though Kramer will be 1A interview of this class for me.

I was surprised you guys didn't ask about his illness or whatever last season that cost him a number of games & may have sapped his production.  I understand it is a private topic & maybe something Forrester wasn't interested in discussing.  If it was brought up ahead of time & avoided intentionally, I totally get that.

58 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I was surprised you guys didn't ask about his illness or whatever last season that cost him a number of games & may have sapped his production.  I understand it is a private topic & maybe something Forrester wasn't interested in discussing.  If it was brought up ahead of time & avoided intentionally, I totally get that.

It was unintentional, but the interview came together pretty quickly Sunday.

RUBillsFan likes this

I had thought about it, but looking back at the 4 (total) tweets about it at the time along with the one time he addressed it publicly, I didn't think there was a whole lot to mine there. He was dealing with a physical illness that kept him off the floor and then it was reported (again, briefly) that he took some time to focus on his mental health. In his only quote about it he only referred to his "health" and said he'd be back soon. I didn't see a lot more to be gained by asking directly about it - either we wouldn't get much more of an answer than that or he'd be put off by it.

We did ask about the frustration of all three Temple seasons being shortened, as well as playing for Aaron McKie. My takeaway is that it didn't quite work out how he wanted it to, obviously playing in frustrating circumstances, seeming a little underwhelmed by his experience there. Also, he told us his son is due in mid-July. He played on 12/22, then again on 1/12, and not again until 3/6. He got some big news somewhere in there, maybe on the earlier side as he was starting to deal with illness/injury. I think when you combine these factors together, taking a few extra weeks to get your mind right makes sense to me.

Again, just my read on it and if we left anything on the table, sorry for that.