umsl

bills16

While I'm no Slaten fan, in fact the UMSL coach will regret the day he took Kevin's son in the program, I don't think it is fair to draw any conclusions about Troy's stats since his grandfather just died and is being buried today. By the way, my "regret remark" has to do with the father and not Troy.

Quit teasing me. Actually I won't get loud and obnoxious when we are blowing someone out. I think that is wrong.

Unless it was a major game against a big rivalry. I am pretty quiet during games against teams we should beat handily.

Another unless ... A fan of the other team gets loud and obnoxious first ... then I am forced to respond. Also I usually don't get on players (except Cinci). I am primarily a referee auditor. I am not supposed to say ... but since we are all good friends on this board and I know you all can keep a secret ... I was hired by the NCAA. Which as you know means nothing I do or say can make sense to anyone but myself. That is actually in my contract ... it is a standard clause for the NCAA.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I am not a fan ... but I kind of like the new toned down version the few times I have heard him on KFNS. I don't mind him being opinionated ... as that is better than someone just ranting the company line. I have heard his thats just wrong segment a couple of times and found myself agreeing with most of what he said and laughing.

Roy ... we normally agree on about 80% of the issues we discuss ... but it seems we always have one issue to go on about. With baseball season being over, Chris Sloan being gone and you seeing the light on Drejaj ;) ... What will we have next?

while i do not approve of kevin slaten the athlete's dad, i love kevin slaten the entertainer and talk show host. even when i dont agree with him, i marvel at his ability to carry the debate and manipulate the conversation. i am actually amazed he isnt a big time sports guy, but in all likelihood, his personal life maybe held him back. i dont know that, but to be honest, what has the likes of jim rome got that kevin slaten doesnt?

we are still in disagreement on the worth of izzy and soccer. so if you feel the need, i would always be willing to let a few choice words fly on those issues to make you feel more comfortable.

btw, i dont think i have changed my position on anthony drejaj as much as i am beleiving from listening to brad and my son (he goes to a lot of the practices and i trust his judgement on talent pretty much)that dwayne polk is just ready now. if you go back and look at any post i have made on the point guard issue, it has always carried the thought that i believed that polk would end up the point guard. i.e. his athletic and basketball ability would eventually win out over drejaj's experience and guts and knowledge of the bradway.

Skip, you loud???? Come on now! I hope Slaten sits right between us. That could make an interesting. I think Slaten is okay, but when it comes to the Billikens, I can't stand him. I'd love to have words with him.

I agree on how Slaten carries an argument, but he is too quick to be condescending. Suprised he's not been punched out over the years.

What does someone like Rome have over Slaten? Good question. But Slaten doesn't have the work ethic...I personally want soomebody who knows more specifics about the sports themselves, and gets their facts straight. I think Confusing Suppan with Kiko Calero was prety humorous.

Slaten did sit in my row at game 4 of WS this year, wore red, by all accounts well behaved. Said hi on his way out to my buddy who knows him.

Wonder when Rome will get pulled in more markets...he didn't last one year in Chicago. ...got crushed in ratings...replaced by extra hour of Dan Patrick, and gasp extra hour of Jay Mariotti....that is sad.

Rome's show pays all of his affiliates big money to air his program,... a program in which Rome reads "takes" or "material" that he didn't even write himself. He reads every day from "cue cards" if you will, and somehow he built a little cult following.

As I said, the ESPN radio honeymoon is over...didn't go so well in NYC either. And, obviously his ESPN tv show is now moved all over the place...I think you can catch it opposite Australian Rules football.