Midmajor Madness top 25

BLIKNS

9 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

No way they are #19, even with the 17,000 Mountain West teams on the bubble again.  Show a link here.

bubble watch has them in the discussion.

the team just needs to stack up wins.

If only it was that simple.  In the past we have seen the NCAA Selection Committee turn themselves into gnarly pretzels to figure out a way to leave a mid out and put a very mediocre P5 school in.  The problem is we don't have any other options so keep winning is our only hope even if it is not necessarily a good option.  I could see if the A10 has a season winner and a different Tourney winner that they could get 2 teams in but the problem is all those other factors that conference tourneys seem to create that are not expected.

13 hours ago, cheeseman said:

If only it was that simple.  In the past we have seen the NCAA Selection Committee turn themselves into gnarly pretzels to figure out a way to leave a mid out and put a very mediocre P5 school in.  The problem is we don't have any other options so keep winning is our only hope even if it is not necessarily a good option.  I could see if the A10 has a season winner and a different Tourney winner that they could get 2 teams in but the problem is all those other factors that conference tourneys seem to create that are not expected.

So if SLU just wins they will pick up at least 1 (Davidson) maybe upwards of 3 (VCU, Richmond) Q1 wins.  I get that’s a lot to ask but go get 2/3 and beat the other teams you should beat and you’re definitely in the Top 4 dbl bye conference tourney. 

Then it’s going to be like it has been the past few years now, in that you hope for tourney chalk.  I.E Loyola wins MO Valley, P5 tourneys don’t have an Oregon State/Georgetown run again.