Tip-Off Club meeting is tonight

I would like to know where we stand with TL. They probably can't answer this either. By the way, speaking of TL do we still have a verbal committment? I should know this but don't, why can't we sign him to an LOI right now? Is there something magical about that November date?

I would be interested in any update on the arena. I read somewhere that there was a redesign taking place. Reason(s) for the this and update on soil/water tests at the proposed site. The absence of arena information concerns me.

...he goes pro out of prep school.

>I would like to know where we stand with TL. They probably

>can't answer this either. By the way, speaking of TL do we

>still have a verbal committment? I should know this but

>don't, why can't we sign him to an LOI right now? Is there

>something magical about that November date?

As far as I know, Tommie Liddell's verbal committment to SLU stands. I believe that if he were considering other schools, we would have been seeing reports by the recruiting services that he has visits to schools. It's pretty late in the process, with the early signing period about one month away.

As for why Liddell can't sign a letter of intent now is that schools can receive LOIs only during sanctioned time periods. There's a one-week window in November and a one-month window in the spring (beginning mid-May, if I'm not mistaken). After that spring period, athletes eligible to enter school that fall can sign a grant-in-aid agreement at any time (after the spring signing period).

Recruits can sign only one LOI. Liddell's expired when he didn't enroll at SLU as a result of failing to qualify. Once the fall signing period arrives, Tommie will be able to sign a grant-in-aid agreement with the school of his choosing, and right now, it looks like it will be SLU.

Coach Thorpe told me after last month's Tip-Off meeting that of the high-major-caliber athletes he saw Liddell playing with, Tommie is the best. He said TL will be a pro.

these days, immediate impact bigs out of high school are either going straight to the nba or gobbled up by the old school elites, i.e. north carolina, kentucky, kansas, etc. therefore, it is my belief that any "bigs" headed slu way will either be projects like ian and bryce, or they will come from the juco ranks. jucos rarely sign in the fall and since the academic rule changes on juco's it would be my belief that slu would not want to sign any juco's until there is a much better understanding of that particular signee's potential for academic success and fitting into an existing slu major.

my point is, i dont expect anything of substance in november except kevin lisch and tommie liddell. and in fact, i would prefer they be our only fall signees as any "bigs" signed in the fall will likely be non-contributors. imo we need immediate contributors with frericks and izik graduating and bryce and ian still in the building process.

thicks, at this point until justin grows up and develops "braditude", i have given up on him. i pray i am wrong.