Reggie Bryant

Tonka

It hasn't been until this practice started that I've heard much about Reggie Bryant and the impact he'll have this year. I've read a lot about Polk and the others. I think I've even read more about Lisch than I have Reggie. Maybe it's just obvious and so it's not often stated, but Reggie is a SUPERSTAR. I am expecting big things from Reggie this year. A year under this system and on a new team, I think this could be an enormous year for him. What does everybody think his averages will be this year? Last year, Coach said he could be a 20 point per game guy.

i have written before that i believe that last year already reggie was better than claggett ever was as a billiken. the venice menace was one of my all-time favorite billikens, so to say that is a lot. friday nite, reggie was unstopable. he pretty much did whatever he wanted vs polk. and it is my understanding that just a couple weeks ago, reggie was still wearing a walking cast on his foot. this is reggie's team. he is a first team all-conference player imo. and it wouldnt surprise me to see him average 20 a game. especially if others step up and become legitimate threats as well to take some of the focus off of reggie.

I think RB's awesome. Why VU let him escape is beyond me. A good stroke, good moves, and a good fit for this team. That all said, I fear that no one man makes a team these days unless it's that rare breed like a Duane Wade, Larry the Legend. RB needs O help from others. Otherwise the opponent beats the crap out of him. Last year at Charlotte RB always seemed to have two guys on or near him at all times. Pulling his jersey, little bumps here and there, slaps, etc. That crap wears on you. If we develop another legit scoring threat, which I think will be IO, RB will have more opportunities to do his thing, which is to get good shots that he can knock down with relative ease. I mean the guy has a stroke as smooth and pure as virgin olive oil.

U know Reg said the same thing. It wasn't about him personally but this summer he said all the focus was on Tommie Liddell and not the team, he got kind of frustrated especially because he continously told me how good this team would be, especially IV and Polk. But it's all good. Also because Reg was hurt so he wasn't really active this summer. Eventhough he came out and supported the guys while at school, he came home in July and stayed the rest of the summer so he was out of the loop.

Brehms ... I would like to hear Reggie's thoughts on Izik. I went to the midnight practice and Izik looked very good. He looked as if he belonged at the 4 spot. He squared up and shot the ball and looked as if he has developed a nice little jump hook. No more dipsy doo fancy flinging of the ball at the basket. I was impressed.

Also what does he think of Newborne. I thought he looked like he will be an excellent rebounder. He seemed to have a knack at being in the right place and he attacked the board. He also seemed very vocal and looked to be taking charge.

In one drill Reggie's team lost and he seemed to be letting the guys know that losing wasn't acceptable and they needed to step up. Then about a minute later he went over to Bryce and seemed to be coaching him and explaining what he wanted. I was very impressed.

If you can't give us his thoughts I understand ... but would apopreciate any insight if you can.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

izik and newborne are really key. as you state, someone needs to step up and be a consistent second threat. izik has the ability.

i throw newborne in that mix of need to step ups simply because he is an undersized pf or probably a step slow sf. if he can be an effective wing and hit some shots it takes a lot of pressure off of the others.

i think this team can be good regardless. but if we want a trip to the ncaa tourney on merit, then while it is reggie's team, it will be up to izik and newborne to exceed their expectations. they are the two players that can make a big difference imo.

brehms, i expect on of those two december games will also be the billiken club xmas party. maybe ms levick will let you all come up to the savvis club and mingle with us before the game. i join bonwich in wanting to welcome you to st louis!

Reg said Izik has improved. He says he's more confident in his shots.

He spoke highly of Newbourne and Danny Brown. He says Newbourne is a beast on the boards, dunking and that Danny is quick and will be a scoring threat.

I'm glad Reg is talking more, that has been his one vice in the past. He's very quiet and the fact that he's becoming more vocal is good, he will need that, especially if he wants to continue his basketball career. Reg has gotten close to all of the guys. Getting along and co-existing is very important to him. He believes in teamwork, so I doubt he will ever verbalize any negatives to say his teammates. If they're lacking in something, he'll tell me, yeah but he can shoot, but his rebounds etc........

tell reg to get you all lined up for the billiken club xmas party. surely the athletic department can spring for that.

Brehms13, I for one am glad that Reggie is a little bent over the relative lack of ink he got on this forum. He has to show up for all the games this year being the man, yet we spent tons of space talking about everyone but Reggie. Hopefully he can use the motivation in a positive sense, and light the world on fire this season.

I think that Polk will allow him to do this. Reggie finally will have the point guard, the playing time, the coach who knows what he can do, and it is his senior year. He has undoubtably been working for ten years or more to be at this point, so we all wish him health and a good team of rebounders to support him.

I think a key to him taking off this season will actually be his defense, just like Marque did three years ago. Whatever he accomplishes this season, we are all proud of his time as a Billiken and wish him the best for the future!

Reggie being the star is a given. I fully expect him to get 20 points a game be all conference and fight for POY. We have a good team around him but all hopes of any success this season rest on his shoulders.

The key for Reggie will be his defense. He must make similar strides that marque made in his senior year. If Reggie can be the type of defensive performer that his athleticism shows he can be it will make contributions on the offensive end that much easier for him.

I know and understand midwestern hospitality, kindness and good manners. However, in this case we are talking about the family of an NCAA athlete. I seriously doubt that a booster club can pop for anything. I also believe individuals needs to be very informed and careful on what, if anything, is allowable.

Let's not screw-up a 20 win season with an inadvertent mistake which becomes an NCAA violation.

good thing tseugnekillib keeps his head.

sorry brehms, that would undoubtedly be a violation as tsuegnekillib notes. i still would love to shake you and your families hand and thank you for the joy reggie has brought to the fandom!

Thanks for the input ...It sure looked like Reg was voicing his displeasure with the effort of his teamates at the practice Fri night ... and I am glad, sometimes it means more to have a teamate get on someone rather than a coach.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman