OT: Brooks Ford, son of SLU coach, joins Mizzou basketball as a walk-on

pakapablo

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Because there is a perceived social status difference between sending your kids to private HS and sending them to public HS.

i'd be like, "perceive this" as i zoomed by in my brand new Porsche with my public school savings  

Billiken Rich likes this

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Because there is a perceived social status difference between sending your kids to private HS and sending them to public HS.

I can assure that there are public high schools in any metro area that are at least as good or probably better than many private schools.  Now that being said - I your point is not totally off base because people think often without actually investigating. 

Guys there is a vast difference between reality and perception. People believe what they want to believe, not what is real. I am very much aware that there are some public schools that are better than some private schools. That does not take away the feeling of superiority some people derive from having their kids in a private school. Perception is not reality. 

• 3 months later...