Lady Billikens

SluSignGuy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't devalue the product like that by just giving away tickets. You comp too many tickets and now people don't want to pay for them..

It's definitely a balance. The nice thing about giving away tickets for the women's games is that the department doesn't depend on the revenue from women's games in the same way it does from men's games. The basic costs of the game are already set no matter how many show up. Concession revenue goes up with attendance.

It's definitely a balance. The nice thing about giving away tickets for the women's games is that the department doesn't depend on the revenue from women's games in the same way it does from men's games. The basic costs of the game are already set no matter how many show up. Concession revenue goes up with attendance.

I don't understand your premise here. Poor attendence is never a good thing financially..

I'm curious as to how many full-price tickets need to be sold in order to break even for these games.

Just judging from my Facebook feed, the free ticket strategy seems to be generating a lot of positive publicity for the program and possibly winning over some new fans. Every indication I've received from friends who have gone to the last few games is that their kids have had an absolute blast.

I don't understand your premise here. Poor attendence is never a good thing financially..

Premise is that giving away tickets is a much better strategy for women's games than men's games. It wasn't well written, though. I believe you were saying you don't want to give away too many tickets, because then no one will want to pay for them. I agree that's true for men's games. I don't think it's as big of an issue with the women's games. Creating a great atmosphere is more important in the women's game than the ticket revenue, in my opinion

• 2 weeks later...

Why has Erin Nelson not been playing more lately? Her three point shooting carried them at times last year.

Stone recruited over her. Nice to have one of last years best freshman coming off the bench. Stone has an even stronger class coming in next season and even more starters from this year will be pushed to this bench.