Marquette Game

davidnark

i am not sure about that. diener is smooth, but he is also physically small. it will be interesting to watch josh and anthony beat the hell out of him in our games. i also think josh has superior talent. what josh lacks that diener has is the drive and determination, the consistency on the offensive end. all intangibles that only josh can fix.

i have to go to philly this next week for business and i told anita that pile better be gone when i get back. i would guess that her and sherry are in negotiations as we speak.

actually romar did a hell of a lot more to smooth things over in st louis than spoon ever did. i never saw spoon out and about at the high school or aau games. you could easily find him at all the cardinal games or later at his bar drinking and holding court, but never at a high school game. romar basically had to start from square one in st louis and worked the area hard.

sure kern didnt come because of grades, but he was committed. jmac was supposedly making slu his second choice. same with darius miles. and romar stayed in the david lee derby far longer than i expected. i remember two straight belleville east tourney's where romar was there every game. and the one year he had to have left the slu game in the afternoon and drove straight to the belleville east tourney (i know because that is what i did and he beat me there).

i agree soderberg has had more success than romar did locally. this year alone proves that. however, i tend to agree that romar started to lay the local ground work that has let soderberg come in and finish the job with outstanding results.

Thanks ... that sounds pretty equal to me. No question Marquette had a great year last year ... but the past decade seems pretty equal.

Its funny if you asked most Basketball fans which school was better over the last 10 years ... I bet most would say Marquette.

If marquette like they did last night, SLU will be better than them.

I think Diner alone in the backcourt will be outmatched by Fish and Drejaj guarding him. We obviously have an advantage on the inside.

known rather than the unknown. In my estimation, you have a final four team returning its point guard, its power forward, its small forward and a key reserve that shot over 50% from three point range.

Versus the fact that the heart and soul of the Bills (MPerry) graduated and the returning veterans barely made the NIT. Couple in the fact that you have five or six new players, no real point guard, and I think that makes MU better by that noted long shot. I must not be the only one ... they are ranked as well. Not that that will mean much at the end of the year .....

Whether I'm right or wrong only playing the season will tell. But you know as much as I three-star that a lot of the game is mental and if MU players believe in themselves so much more because of that final four appearance, it serves them well to have that mental outlook to begin with.

Diener is a nice supporting point guard but I don't see him in the class of Iverson, Marbury, Anderson, Gaines, Cleeves, Archibald .... guys that you could strap the team wagon to and ride it out. Again, only time will tell. I don't really see that much difference in the CUSA Deiners at all .... only a difference in supporting casts and without Wade, MU is going to be hard pressed. But I still believe the Bills (on newness alone) will be harder pressed.

Seems to be a 6'1" shooting guard in a 6'10" body. I don't know his rebounding totals but this is Chris Braun to me. And again I guarantee that everyone will know who he is and he won't be standing at the arc getting his feet set while Dwayne Wade takes it to the hole with his hops and dishes it out to Novak for the wide open three. Even if Deiner drives, I wouldn't sluff on his drive if I were guarding Novak. Again 6'10" guys are not well known for creating their own perimeter shots as far as I can remember. Deiner drives and leaves his feet jumping into space, I say let him finish. No way that scrawny kid can do it ... drive after drive, night after night.