Crews on why he may play 13 against SIUC Saturday

pooch1918

Man I love this board sometimes. This an such an amazing non-sequitur....

Please someone connect the logic for me.

Was making a comparison between who Jordair reminded me of. The post I quoted said he wasn't sure of who was a player similar to Jordair. The guy he reminded me of was Al Attles. Super strong, super tough, great defender, not a great shooter, solidly built and low to the ground. That was the logic I was going for.

BTW, thanks for getting me to go look up the definition of non-sequitir. Was never really sure what that meant until now. :huh:

Us old guys remember an NBA PG named Al Attles. Had a great career with the Warriors from '60 thru the early '70's. Little known fact is that he was the PG the night Wilt went for 100. The next day's paper led off with: "Wilt Chamberlain and Al Attles combined for 117 points while leading the Warriors to a 169-147 victory over the Knicks."

Doubt you could say that about any other twosome in hoop history.

That's a great line. holy all those points in one game with no 3 pointer

Al Attles is talk is always welcome even if the reference makes little sense. Attles was similar to Wilt in that he was really built in an era when PGs weren't that big. His physique would fit in among current NBA players no problem.

Jett always reminded me of my 3rd and 4th favorite players as a kid, Dennis Johnson and Alvin Robertson.

I say this with the utmost love and respect for Jordair---my guess, so far, is that they're a little different. Davell is a legit 6'4", I'm almost 6'2" and he towered over me. I met Jordair last winter, I was definitely taller than him. It also looks like Davell is coming in with much more refined shooting skills. Check out this YouTube link

Again, Love me some Jett, butt his outside shot came out of his stomach, reminded me of how my dad or middle schoolers shoot 3's.

+1 on the 'butt his outside...' still laughing

If Crews does this and persists with it we will have a fresh team at the end win or lose. Also, if he does this throughout the season I will upgrade my opinon of his mental capacity. Majerus thought playing 8-10 was a good goal. I also think you will

get a lot of recruits that would love this but very highly rated local kids might want to play 40 minutes-but hey that does leave

160 minutes for the other 12 which would mean 15 minutes each. The Bigs might foul out if playing more than that anyway.

If Crews does this and persists with it we will have a fresh team at the end win or lose. Also, if he does this throughout the season I will upgrade my opinon of his mental capacity. Majerus thought playing 8-10 was a good goal. I also think you will

get a lot of recruits that would love this but very highly rated local kids might want to play 40 minutes-but hey that does leave

160 minutes for the other 12 which would mean 15 minutes each. The Bigs might foul out if playing more than that anyway.

If we do play 13 and it is justified by them all being able, foul trouble will never be an issue except for putting opponents in the bonus early. Besides Ash we may not have anyone who's fouling out will really hurt. Embarrassment of riches which may be even better next year.

The 13 man rotation seems to make sense w/this team. Assuming Ash is our best player, there doesn't seem to be that of a talent gap between the other 12 at their respective positions. Take our bigs and it's take your pick as to minutes. It doesn't seem that JM or GG had Conklin summers, so there's little upside in them getting a heavy dose of minutes, say 30 each. So, this will definitely be a separating the wheat from the chaff process, and from what we've heard there isn't a lot of chaff.