Bernie... C'mon now!

BJK

Doug McIlhagga would like to have a word with you.

I hate the fact that on the ESPN score scroll it says - SAINT LOU That's an instance I would rather see ST. LOUIS... it's the same number of characters as the dreaded SAINT LOU, so it should fit.

When I see that I wonder if somebody in that athletic department made a big deal about the SAINT LOUIS thing with ESPN and the result is we get SAINT LOU... Way to go McIlhagga :(

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget Bernie, we just got PTI love. During the Big Finish Kornheiser asked Wilbon if we were National Title contenders, mentioned our winning streak. Wilbon responds saying idk abut the whole thing but we're a Final Four threat.

I saw that last night. PTI is one of my favorite shows and to see TK talk about the Billikens that way was my media highlight of the last few years.

I hate the fact that on the ESPN score scroll it says - SAINT LOU That's an instance I would rather see ST. LOUIS... it's the same number of characters as the dreaded SAINT LOU, so it should fit.

When I see that I wonder if somebody in that athletic department made a big deal about the SAINT LOUIS thing with ESPN and the result is we get SAINT LOU... Way to go McIlhagga :(

I think Saint Lou looks pretty badass on the bottom line. Unique to one team in all of sports.

I also think it's interesting that in the A10 standings, the P-D always uses "St. Louis U." Not sure why the "U." is necessary.

Then again, they also used to list Xavier as "Xavier (Ohio)." I guess it was important for them to differentiate the Xavier in Cincinnati from the small, historically black Catholic college in New Orleans of the same name.

Yes, it is important. They also don't want to get mixed up with Saint Xavier University on the far south side of Chicago.

We can't just go with SLU, or else people might think we're Saint Lawrence University, the small liberal arts school in upstate New York.

Yes, it is important. They also don't want to get mixed up with Saint Xavier University on the far south side of Chicago.

We can't just go with SLU, or else people might think we're Saint Lawrence University, the small liberal arts school in upstate New York.

Not to mention Southern Louisiana...