What happened to the "Corral"?

eastsidejoe

Last year it was hard to ignore this motley crew of farm animals to the left of the slunatics. This year, they appear to be lackadaisical, sitting on their hands, not really getting involved in the game. Heh, wake up, if you are going to dress like a chicken, cow, etc., at least show some enthusiam. Last year I was impressed, this year not so much. Get off your arse and get involved in the game, or give the costurmes a rest. I'm just sayin'

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The leaders are terrible that's no secret. The problem is that the athletic department either doesn't recognize it or won't do anything about it. Also, can we get rid of the balloons? They were fun for one game of the year. Now they're just on the floor after 3 minutes or they're just being played with and distracting students.

The whole student section has been sitting on their arses lately. Hopefully it's better this week with everyone back from break, but I blame the overall laziness this year on the poor leadership in the slunatics. They need people in charge who are much more passionate about slu basketball

Agreed. It was an average showing at best when i came up for the WSU game.

The leaders are terrible that's no secret. The problem is that the athletic department either doesn't recognize it or won't do anything about it. Also, can we get rid of the balloons? They were fun for one game of the year. Now they're just on the floor after 3 minutes or they're just being played with and distracting students.

Yeah its pretty lame how quick they get turned into hats and poodles.

Oh and one more thing. We might have the worst "big heads" in college basketball. Some of the ideas that they come up with are terrible.

Are you involved at all with the student section? I really wasn't sure, but you are obviously passionate about the Bills and it seems like you know what goes on at the games. Please do us a favor and hunt down whoever makes those big heads and give him/her some better ideas. Let's start throwing out some suggestions if possible. I would like to see one of 'The Dude'. He sits in 108. I think Dirty has a picture of him on his IPhone. I'd actually pay to have someone put that up.

Are you involved at all with the student section? I really wasn't sure, but you are obviously passionate about the Bills and it seems like you know what goes on at the games. Please do us a favor and hunt down whoever makes those big heads and give him/her some better ideas. Let's start throwing out some suggestions if possible. I would like to see one of 'The Dude'. He sits in 108. I think Dirty has a picture of him on his IPhone. I'd actually pay to have someone put that up.

I was in charge last year. Graduated though. Now watching the games from regular seats. Not that we were perfect last year by any means but it's hard to watch the student section at all this season. Hopefully being ranked helps a lot.

I was in charge last year. Graduated though. Now watching the games from regular seats. Not that we were perfect last year by any means but it's hard to watch the student section at all this season. Hopefully being ranked helps a lot.

Gotcha, my bad. Well, great job last year...

05, start going to grad school and get back into the student section.

Some of my friends and I actually know who one of the guys in charge of the slunatics is, and all I can say is that I have no idea how he ever got elected to that position...

Agree 100% on the balloons, get rid of them. Being ranked will help student attendance/enthusiasm

I would bet you a million dollars that 95% of SLU students could not tell you where (or if for that matter) the Billikens are ranked. Heck, I'm pretty sure some still do not know we have a basketball team.

There is a pregame meal before Wednesday's game but from what I understand, the recent trend is the students get their pregame meal and then leave.

That is so pathetic. Just beyond disappointing. When a lot of us were at SLU, taking the stupid bus down to Kiel, begging for a win, cheering like crazy, we would have killed for a team like we have today. Now, I may kill a few students if I catch them bogarting a free meal and then leaving to go play Xbox in their dorm rooms. Losers!!!!

balloons have nothing to do with our non-sport fan student body. let it go. our students are virgins

edit: MORE ALCOHOL

I tend to agree. We would consistently meet at a grand forest apartment that has since been demolished to pre-game with ice man malt liquor, bingers, and make obscene signs to bring to the game. We felt like the student section should be like Mogadishu and the ushers should be afraid to enter. We were classless and crude and I am certain Dwayne wade still has nightmares about us.

Hey, I'm the Dude's agent. If you use his likeness there will be a fee.