Baby Blues name question....

gister

I don't read the comics normally, but as I was going through the Sunday paper I noticed a comic named Baby Blues and it showed the name as a registered trademark. I know the story of some elderly woman demanding the dance team no longer be called the Baby Blues. But I wonder if, in spite of that, they couldn't use the name anyway because of its registration for use by the comic.

Anyone know the answer?

I'm not a lawyer like Star Jones or Nark but I think they could use the name. The term baby blues can be used I think. They should use the name anyway when I make enough $ to get my way I'll change it back but that could be a long time.

Don't insult the Baby Blues like that or you just might incur some hard core flaming from me. We all know that the Baby Blues are better looking than the cheerleaders.

First of all, I will do what I want to do. Second of all, I am entitled to my opinion. Third of all, bring it on. Fourth, lighten up!

Cheerleaders, Baby Blues, whatever they are all the same to me! I think they are cute girls and I admire their talents and thank them for their contribution to the games. If you don't like my comments, tough!

Tonka, I'm guessing that you don't have a significant other or family member who is either a cheerleader or a dancer. If you did, there's no way you would lump the two disciplines in the same category. Particularly, the dancer is going to be offended by your saying she's nothing more than a cheerleader.

Cheerleaders shake pom-poms; dancers shake more than that. I would think you could appreciate the difference!

Actually, that is incorrect, as I do. I do appreciate the differences and wouldn't say one is better than the other. I think they both serve their purpose and as long as they support the Billikens, I'm a fan. There is a lot of talent on both squads. I, like many of my other posts, was joking in my comment. I didn't think there was any chance of offending anyone, but that was ignorant on my part. If you read a lot of posts, there are a lot of sensitive people. So, that begs the question. Do I leave posts for myself, the sensitive people, or all the others. Considering the fact that this is a sports board, you wouldn't think I'd have to justify my comments on this board. I think the Baby Blues are cute, as are the cheerleaders. But, if you've been to a game within the past few years, you'd see that some have some excess weight around the waist. It seems at times, there are more of those than not, hence, my joking comment. I think they look good though, and am not advocating any teenage girl feel insecure about their appearance as society puts enough pressure on them already. If I really believed that this post would be read by a series of teenage girls, I would have definitely not posted that. Although, in replying to some of the objections, I should revise my thinking. I shouldn't just consider the fact they're probably aren't any teenage girls reading or posting, but perhaps I should take into consideration the emotional state of few of the people on here, who clearly fit into the teenage girl category when it comes to sensitivities.

You know there are thousand of age old jokes about cheerleaders, dance teams, etc. You may want to hide in bed from now on as not to be bothered. I can't even believe I'm having these exchanges.

David, I know a lot of people think I am relatively knew to these boards. I am not. I have read for a long time. I never got around to posting on this new board and I don't keep up as much in the offseason due to a busy schedule. I used to post on your old board as Captain America, as you may remember me. I didn't want to come back as a Marvel hero as Torch already has that market cornered. I don't know if it is just me or if this board seems much more on edge and sensitive than your old board. I used to ruffle some feathers on your board and even had a few showdowns with one of the Jesuit priests on there.

My goal is not to offend people. It's to have a good time and gather information. Yes, I take jabs and make joking comments. I can get nasty just like others, but that usually never happens until I am provoked or challenged. I laugh about this stuff. If people knew me in person, they'd know my personality and would understand my posts. In life, I am probably one of the nicer people out there. I enjoy these boards as they are informative and whether people are right or wrong, I appreciate the passion and the enthusiasm about Billiken basketball. And as long as people keep that up, I'll be happy. If along the way, people take me wrong or for somebody I am not, so be it. It's in good fun.

I took your "chunky cheerleaders" comment as a joke and didn't feel the need to respond to it. In fact, I DIDN'T respond to it. But I thought you were being serious with your comment that cheerleaders and dancers are the same to you, and so I decided to rib you for it. It seems to me that you took me too seriously. I don't care what you call them, but I was just saying that if your significant other were a dancer and you said she's just a cheerleader, don't complain when you find your self in the doghouse.