Bills by 8 over Ind State

The Wiz

That rhyming headline flows nicely. Hopefully, the game will too.

While the game last night wasn't Wo-ful we did lose a little ground in the numbers. The good news is we are still an A team. Better off than VCU who slipped to A- after last nights clunker. On another note, the Bonnies moved up to B with a good win at Iona.

On to ISU (B+ ). At the beginning of the season, I put an asterisk by this game. Why? As one who tracks 3 pt shots, I figured this would be our toughest opponent in this category. Nothing has changed my mind to this point. Ind St is 3rd in the nation in 3 pt shooting coming in at nearly 45%. From the field they are shooting 50% (16th) and FT about 75% (25th)...This team can just flat out shoot.

So what do we need to do to win? Hold them to 11 three point shots and allowing them to make only 3 or 4.three pointers. If this happens, we will be fine. If ISU pushes above 36% from the arc we will need to step up our game. If they get hot (above 45%) we could be in trouble.

A win against the Sycamores would be our best win YTD but we will have to step things up a notch and bring our A game to do it.

Go Bills

Totally off again. Are you just drawing numbers out of a hat? Is your program logic coded to just randomly select a number 1-10 and if against a ranked opponent place a negative symbol in front of that number?

Totally off again. Are you just drawing numbers out of a hat? Is your program logic coded to just randomly select a number 1-10 and if against a ranked opponent place a negative symbol in front of that number?

Yep.

If you, too, want to be a Wiz, the Cliff Notes version is to just look at the Vegas power rankings 4-5 days ahead of the game, do the math, there is the early spread. By game day it will be a point or two different with adjustments for subsequent games played by other teams, injuries, etc.

Then take the rankings and make the top 8% or so "A" teams, then "A minus", etc.

Yes the Billikens have been overrated by Vegas so far; the assumption was made that with so many returning seniors, we would be as strong or stronger than last year. But losing key leaders and shooters like KM and CE has left a lot of gaps in the team chemistry.

But Crews is top notch and is figuring out the best combinations to use for us and they are starting to jell. I think they will do better ATS as the season progresses.

Anyone can say "Billikens by 8" 4-5 days before the game. We need The Wiz, if he really has a sophisticated-space-age-world-class-kick-ass computer program, to say "Bills to be favored by 8 but will win by 20". Or "Bills favored by 8 but will only squeak by with 2 point win".

Wiz?

Yep.

If you, too, want to be a Wiz, the Cliff Notes version is to just look at the Vegas power rankings 4-5 days ahead of the game, do the math, there is the early spread. By game day it will be a point or two different with adjustments for subsequent games played by other teams, injuries, etc.

Then take the rankings and make the top 8% or so "A" teams, then "A minus", etc.

Yes the Billikens have been overrated by Vegas so far; the assumption was made that with so many returning seniors, we would be as strong or stronger than last year. But losing key leaders and shooters like KM and CE has left a lot of gaps in the team chemistry.

But Crews is top notch and is figuring out the best combinations to use for us and they are starting to jell. I think they will do better ATS as the season progresses.

Anyone can say "Billikens by 8" 4-5 days before the game. We need The Wiz, if he really has a sophisticated-space-age-world-class-kick-ass computer program, to say "Bills to be favored by 8 but will win by 20". Or "Bills favored by 8 but will only squeak by with 2 point win".

Wiz?

MB, my hat is off to you. Your brief summary above is very educational as well as concise. Thank you

Yep.

Wiz?

You obviously don't deal with probability. It might be a good time time to review and understand the Descartes quote I use at the bottom of every post.

Did you ever notice how the different TV stations in St. Louis all have similar weather forecasts. Why is that? Because they all understand what Descartes was trying to say. Yeah, I know....they just steal the info from the Weather Bureau...and they have no computers...and the word meteorologist means nothing....anyone can do that.

Funny thing is I do go out on a limb in predicting shots but you seem to miss that. ISU came into the game with an average of 16.11 three point attempts/game and 7.22 shots made /game Yet I went with 11 att & 3 made because I thought that was what we needed to do to win--an exact hit on both.....same on Wofford....an exact hit....I would tell you to figure the odds of hitting those 2 sets of figures on back to back games but that would be pointless. By the way, let me know when Vegas comes up with that info.

So you would like one of the weather guys to predict a 70 degree day on Jan 20 today....good luck with that. Yeah, I know, if they were really forecasters they should be able to do that. I guarantee whether it was the weatherman or myself going out on a limb as soon as there was a miss, you would be the first to complain.

I have one final prediction for this thread.....that no matter what I predict....MB will be unhappy.

SLU by 17. I think they keys are to shoot a better percetage from 3. Hold Indiana St to a lower percentage from 3. We need to rebound well and get to the line a lot. And when Indiana St makes a run towards the end of the first half, we need to respond and take a solid lead going into half time.

You obviously don't deal with probability. It might be a good time time to review and understand the Descartes quote I use at the bottom of every post.

Did you ever notice how the different TV stations in St. Louis all have similar weather forecasts. Why is that? Because they all understand what Descartes was trying to say. Yeah, I know....they just steal the info from the Weather Bureau...and they have no computers...and the word meteorologist means nothing....anyone can do that.

Funny thing is I do go out on a limb in predicting shots but you seem to miss that. ISU came into the game with an average of 16.11 three point attempts/game and 7.22 shots made /game Yet I went with 11 att & 3 made because I thought that was what we needed to do to win--an exact hit on both.....same on Wofford....an exact hit....I would tell you to figure the odds of hitting those 2 sets of figures on back to back games but that would be pointless. By the way, let me know when Vegas comes up with that info.

So you would like one of the weather guys to predict a 70 degree day on Jan 20 today....good luck with that. Yeah, I know, if they were really forecasters they should be able to do that. I guarantee whether it was the weatherman or myself going out on a limb as soon as there was a miss, you would be the first to complain.

I have one final prediction for this thread.....that no matter what I predict....MB will be unhappy.

Just stop. Please stop it with your fancy numbers, science, statistics and other foo-foo Commie, anti-American junk. We need to get back to more knee-jerk emotional rants around here.

Everyone Beats The Wiz!