Kyle Wiltjer Leaving UK

I've heard nothing but good about Wiltjer. Sophomore. Played in all 33 games. Averaged 10.2 ppg. I guess Calipari has to clear the bench/roster what with not being able to do the math and add it all up to 13 total schollies every year. Way, way late for such a decision. School's been out almost two months. The season over for another month in that. I guess somebody had to go.

I've heard nothing but good about Wiltjer. Sophomore. Played in all 33 games. Averaged 10.2 ppg. I guess Calipari has to clear the bench/roster what with not being able to do the math and add it all up to 13 total schollies every year. Way, way late for such a decision. School's been out almost two months. The season over for another month in that. I guess somebody had to go.

FWIW, Calipari apparently didn't want him to leave.

http://www.coachcal.com/22720/2013/06/best-of-luck-to-kyle-wiltjer/

Kyle’s choice to explore options at another school disappoints me, but it’s his decision at the end of the day, and I fully support his decision. I would love for him to go through this process and return to us, but I will support him and help him in any way I can. He’s a terrific young man, a great student, a tremendous basketball player and an excellent teammate. If he does choose to go somewhere else, that school will be very lucky.

There have been rumors for the past two months that he was going closer to home in Oregon, but it was still a little odd that he decided to leave now. He would likely be fighting Julius Randle and James Young for playing time this season.

I don't think SLU would be in the equation because he is interested in schools in the northwest and California.

Coachspeak. I think the telling part was "his transfer will in not hurt our university ......" Ah, there no rub if there's no rub.

Yeah, I'm more inclined to believe if it was Cal's decision he would have released a standard statement, similar to what Coach Crews released.

No idea if we have any shot but if we could get him Wiltjer would be a great addition.

How nice would it be to have both Yacoubou and Wiltjer practicing with the team this year and playing next year? That would help keep the momentum going.

Bryant Allen got arrested this weekend for pot possession with the intent to deliver. Then he got kicked off the Illinois State basketball team. So it looks like he's available. What a loser.

Bryant Allen got arrested this weekend for pot possession with the intent to deliver. Then he got kicked off the Illinois State basketball team. So it looks like he's available. What a loser.

What a loser? Seems a little harsh.

What a loser? Seems a little harsh.

This wasn't his first, second, or third "issue" in Normal.

And for a guy that had high leve BCS football offers, what a way to wrap your college career up. Getting the boot from a bottom feeding MVC program for dealing drugs. So yes, what a loser.