GDT: Screw my bracket, Bills to the NC! (Non slu games)

bills10

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone clarify the NCAA credit issue? Here's how I understand it. Teams get a credit for each NCAA tourney game played, and that credit amounts to roughly $1.2 million. The credits are paid to the conference and distributed equally amongst all conference members over a six-year period.

So, assuming LaSalle hangs on, A-10 has 6 credits thus far and is guaranteed a minimum of 5 more because all A-10 teams advanced. 11 credits x 1.2 million = $13.2 million. Assume X, Temple, Charlotte and Butler get no share of the credits with departures to other conferences next year. So that basically equals minimum $1.1 million per team over the next six years, plus whatever credits are still being paid from prior years. Not too shabby.

Hopefully SLU isn't around to collect any of this.

Mmm, I believe the team that earns the credit keeps 75% of it and the rest is shared among the conference teams.

Can someone clarify the NCAA credit issue? Here's how I understand it. Teams get a credit for each NCAA tourney game played, and that credit amounts to roughly $1.2 million. The credits are paid to the conference and distributed equally amongst all conference members over a six-year period.

So, assuming LaSalle hangs on, A-10 has 6 credits thus far and is guaranteed a minimum of 5 more because all A-10 teams advanced. 11 credits x 1.2 million = $13.2 million. Assume X, Temple, Charlotte and Butler get no share of the credits with departures to other conferences next year. So that basically equals minimum $1.1 million per team over the next six years, plus whatever credits are still being paid from prior years. Not too shabby.

Hopefully SLU isn't around to collect any of this.

I think I read that LaSalle only earns 1 credit between the "1st" and "2nd" round games. Both they and Boise St. got credits for playing the "1st" round game, but LaSalle doesn't get another for playing the "2nd" round game against K-State. Therefore, the A-10 has 5 credits so far. Assuming LaSalle holds on to win against K-State, the A-10 will get an additional 5 for games played in the "3rd" round.

However, I do not believe the A10 splits the money from the credit evenly. I think more of it goes to the team that earned the credit. There was a post about this a while back and it was something like 75% to the team that earns the credit and 25% to the rest of the league. Either way, more wins for the A10 is good for SLU (at least in the short term).

Steve Alford: first coach to ever lose 3 times in the first round as a 3 seed or better.

Ouch. He just signed a 10-year extension at NM. His son (Bryce, I think) just became the second-highest scoring prep player in NM history, and will play for UNM next year.