Remember the Lindy's cover....

Billikan

when we were rated as ninth in the country in their preseason analysis!

Well, many folks who are friends of mine who have not been to many games have attended either the Butler or the VCU games and many have commented that we look like a team that could be in the top 10 in the country.

In terms of our exceptional play on both ends for extended periods of time in each of those games against ranked opponents it is hard to argue with that conclusion. Last night was particularly impressive with us playing against a very tough and athletic team and we really dominated the game. I was in shock when looked up at the scoreboard and I saw that we were up 69-42 late in the second half. This past 7 or 8 games may be the best play on a sustained basis that I have ever seen from a Billiken team. We are incredibly tough on defense and our offense is so versatile that any one of 5 or 6 players can lead the team in scoring on a given night with no ego from any of them. Very impressive.

I noticed that Luke Winn, the college BB expert at SI has us rated at 22 in the country in his new Power Rankings on SI.com. I think that is pretty close to correct in terms of our national ranking but if we win on Friday we should move up.

A few stories on last night's game--

First, the "slunatic" with the basketball on his head is not me but he is a good friend and a 40 year fan of the Bills. He wore that outfit in Columbus and was treated like a Disney character by fans of many teams who wanted his picture and to be in a picture with him.

Second, I am close to the court and I almost leaped over the scorer's table at that ref who decided late in the second half to make all of those calls against us. the worst thing about him was that he was so arrogant and appeared to almost be angry at SLU and intent on making calls against us. It seemed a little ridiculous.

Third, I was close to Rammer when he came up and shouted at him. I loved that Bob just gave him the brush off llke he was a gnat on a summer day. I was thinking that I had never seen in person or on tv a ref confront the radio guy--has anyone ever seen that before.

Every fan I know was really nervous about the game last night and our ability to win the game. My son was there with friends who do not follow the Bills and after watching warmups by both teams they said to him that this game is going to be a slaughter--VCU over SLU--my son said to them it is not how you look in warmups but how you play as a team and execute on defense and he was very prophetic because the Bills did exactly that. I am on cloud 9--lets keep the winning streak going! Go Bills!

First, the "slunatic" with the basketball on his head is not me but he is a good friend and a 40 year fan of the Bills. He wore that outfit in Columbus and was treated like a Disney character by fans of many teams who wanted his picture and to be in a picture with him.

He's amazing. I'm pretty sure he was responsible for a few of VCU's missed free throws.

If we make it back to the tournament, I hope he's there in full costume - I will definitely get my picture taken with him!

If we could somehow pull out a win against Butler at their place then we should be in the top 20, but even if we lose and compete as we usually do I think there is a strong argument for us to move into the top 25!

We need to give ourselves a chance to win the game at the wire. I cannot see us blowing Butler out in their gym. Play strong defense the whole game and I think we could win the game. No question in my mind that if we win then we should be ranked in the Top 20. The team is on Fire and hopefully will win their 9th game in a row.