GDT: Crybaby havoc

bonwich

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And Steve Alford.

Absolutely. And maybe Stevens was playing it straight up when he said he thought SLU could make it to the final four?

Win out, and at least make it to the conference tourney final, and no worse than a 4 seed should be in order. With that kind of seeding, we could be looking at elite 8 or better.

I agree. I know this might be opposed by the older fans, but I'd put this team against the Spoon-era teams anytime. I feel this is the most talented Billiken team, top to bottom, that the vast majority of us have seen in our lifetime.

I'm an old fuoker who goes back to the Grawer era in the old Kiel. THIS team is THE BEST Billiken team I have ever seen. I never would have imagined that I'd ever see a SLU team where the bench players are as good as and in some cases better players than the starters. Clearly, to me at least, better than Spoon's teams and I have wonderful memories of those years.

So this older fan agrees with you.

Random non-game related observations:

Major props to the students last night - the blue men, speedo guy, the girls in SLU Snuggies, the barnyard gang, etc. Great atmosphere.

It was nice to see the SLUperman there last night in full costume - haven't seen him since Columbus.

There seems to be a recent trend of little kids dancing suggestively to win the dance cam contest.

Hugely disappointed in the Shot for Cash last night, given recent performances. At least the kid said he would use the money to take Rammer to the East Side.

I love that after that excruciating "Barnett vs. Cassity" thread, Barnett has done nothing but drill 3s. Dude has got confidence in his shot that we did not see last season or early in this one. Just in time for a stretch run.

I am going to have to revisit that one. That thread is like fine wine. I don't expect a mea cupla from the critics of my comparison. I may actually turn out to be wrong about that comparison, but not for the reasons they thought. :D

Random non-game related observations:

Major props to the students last night - the blue men, speedo guy, the girls in SLU Snuggies, the barnyard gang, etc. Great atmosphere.

It was nice to see the SLUperman there last night in full costume - haven't seen him since Columbus.

There seems to be a recent trend of little kids dancing suggestively to win the dance cam contest.

Hugely disappointed in the Shot for Cash last night, given recent performances. At least the kid said he would use the money to take Rammer to the East Side.

Another one: guy a few rows in front of me was watching the entire Mizzou game on his cell phone, could not of cared less about the game in front of him. If you wanted to watch that game, why don't you stay home or go to CoMo.