The Top 25 Results

TheA_Bomb

SLU beat Butler. Butler beat Indiana, who is ranked #1. Therefore, SLU should be #1 by my count.

Santa Clara beat SLU.

Loyola Marymount beat Santa Clara

Alaska-Anchorage beat Loyola Marymount

Central Washington beat Alaska Anchorage

Central Oklahoma beat Central Washington

Missouri Western beat Central Oklahoma

Lindenwood beat Missouri Western

QED

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a look at who the teams that are #21 - 36 are playing this coming week:

36. UNLV - 2/6 @ Fresno St. and 2/9 vs New Mexico. Predicted to win both games, hopefully they lose to NM as that will make SLU look better and knock UNLV down.

35. San Diego St. - 2/6 vs Boise St and 2/9 vs Fresno St. Both should be easy wins.

34. Kentucky - 2/5 vs South Carolina and 2/9 vs Auburn. Again, both should be easy wins.

33. Louisiana Tech - 2/7 vs UT San Antonio and 2/9 vs Texas State. LA Tech should not be ahead of SLU (Wiz can probably back this) they are #78 on Kempon. They have a gaudy record due to not playing anyone good (best win is at home over So. Miss and worst loss @ McNeese St). Alas, these are both easy Ws.

32. St. Mary's - 2/7 @ Santa Clara and 2/9 @ San Deigo. Predicted to win both (but SC is basically a toss up), same as UNLV-NM, SLU would benefit double from a Santa Clara win.

31. Wisconsin - 2/6 vs Iowa and 2/9 vs Michigan. Iowa should be a W and Michigan is a toss up.

30. Memphis - 2/6 @ So. Methodist and 2/9 @ So. Miss. These are projected to go W and L.

29. Wichita St - 2/5 @ SIU-C and 2/9 vs MO St. Both should be easy Ws, an SIU-C upset would be super awesome for the Bills.

28. Colorado St - 2/6 @ Nevada. Projected to win.

27. NC State - 2/7 @ Duke and 2/10 @ Clemson. L in Durham and toss up @ the Tigers.

26. Mississippi - 2/6 vs Miss St and 2/9 @ Missouri. W in the battle of MS and toss up in Columbia, MO.

25. Notre Dame - 2/4 @ Syracuse and 2/9 @ Louisville. Both are probable losses.

24. Marquette - 2/6 @ South FL and 2/9 vs DePaul. Both are probable wins, but @ South FL could be tough.

23. Pitt - 2/4 vs Seton Hall and 2/9 @ Cinci. W and a toss up.

22. OK St. - 2/6 vs Baylor and 2/9 @ Texas. Favored to win both, but by narrow margins.

21. Missouri - 2/7 @ T A&M and 2/9 vs Ole Miss. Again, favored to win both, but by even narrower margins. An A&M win would be doubly nice for SLU.

As you can see from above, it will be very difficult for SLU to be ranked next week. Jumping 12 spots will be tough, a lot of things will have to break right.

These are the most important things SLU needs to move into the top 25:

#1. SLU needs to take care of business @ Fordham and especially @ Richmond. Nothing short of a blowout will cut it in NY and a comfortable win over the Spiders would help as well.

#2. We need NM (@ UNLV), Santa Clara (vs St. Marys), and Texas A&M (vs Missouri) to win their games (an SIU-C upset over Wichita St. would help greatly as well).

So basically one coach voting in this poll thinks we are the 25th best team.
Coaches poll

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaab/polls/coaches-poll/

Still waiting on AP

Is that one coach voting for SLU, Shaka Smart?

I suspect it's Shaka Smart who cast a vote for SLU. And why not? He surely doesn't want to give the Bills any more incentive when his team comes to Chaifetz.

The A-10 has 1 coach voting and he just joined the league?

If VCU hadn't joined the league, perhaps the A-11+3 wouldn't have any coaches voting.

I thought it would be interesting in light of this topic to clean up the Top 25. In other words mark the teams we should be ahead of based on my rankings. I will let you decide whether these teams are ranked too high or we are ranked too low.

Using the AP poll.....

Under the category of Others Receiving Votes the following should be behind us....

Wichita St, Memphis, La Tech, UCLA

Under the category of Top 25 teams....

Butler, New Mexico, Oregon, Mizzou, Notre Dame

Now if we jump these teams we still don't make the Top 25 but we are alot closer.

If we win the next 5 games we make the list in 2 weeks.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="billslasttermdropout" data-cid="340333" data-time="1360007248"><p>

<a href='http://www.quincy.edu/'>http://www.quincy.edu/</a><br />

<br />

Quincy, IL - home of the other Blue Devils<br />

also, Lindenwood lost to C. Oklahoma, so how does that work Busted? I'm looking for an aldermanic ruling, here.</p></blockquote>

That's Quincy senior high... The Quincy university hawks are the college team in q-town.

I know all too well, although I wasn't really aware of Quincy College's...ahem...University's mascot. But yeah, the QSHS Spittin' Blue Devils as I liked to call em. QND not too shabby either. They still in the Pit?

I saw a wee bit of the N.D.- Depaul matchup the other day and I'm fairly confident we could take them. Especially if they are wearing those ugly black unis with green lettering. The others are all obviously ranked too high by at least 1 as well.

If we win the next 5 games we make the list in 2 weeks.

In 3 weeks we are gonna be top 15.

http://youtu.be/CiOruI39gFc