OT - Illini VS Mizzou

Schasz

Not a Mizzou basketball fan, but never understood why Illinois gets a free pass on this board. Their fans are just as bad and their history with NCAA is more checkered. They dodge the Billikens just as nuch as Mizzou.

agree

The Illini fans I know really drive me batty.

They act like they are a Duke or UNC but in reality they blow.

Not a Mizzou basketball fan, but never understood why Illinois gets a free pass on this board. Their fans are just as bad and their history with NCAA is more checkered. They dodge the Billikens just as nuch as Mizzou.

For 30 years I have been listening to arrogant Mizzou fans run down the Billikens. That includes the Missouri player last year who, when asked about the Billikens making the tournament, said something to the effect of , "Yeah, we're happy for them, they're like our little brother..." FOUCK you!!!! Moreover, after living for a decade in Illinois, I never once had even a remotely unpleasant experience with an Illini fan. Small sample size, I know, but we are all a product of our experiences and mine have been horrible when it comes to Mizzou fans. I also find that Illini, KU, K-State, Texas, OK, etc. fans tend to agree that Mizzou fans are the height of arrogance. It seems strange to me that so many other schools' fans seem to be able to agree on this one perception.

For 30 years I have been listening to arrogant Mizzou fans run down the Billikens. That includes the Missouri player last year who, when asked about the Billikens making the tournament, said something to the effect of , "Yeah, we're happy for them, they're like our little brother..." FOUCK you!!!! Moreover, after living for a decade in Illinois, I never once had even a remotely unpleasant experience with an Illini fan. Small sample size, I know, but we are all a product of our experiences and mine have been horrible when it comes to Mizzou fans. I also find that Illini, KU, K-State, Texas, OK, etc. fans tend to agree that Mizzou fans are the height of arrogance. It seems strange to me that so many other schools' fans seem to be able to agree on this one perception.

My experience has always seemed like Illini fans think of us as a cute little dog that doesn't really matter

My only gripe with either of them is they do not play us. Since I don't live in St. Louis I don't come in contact with any of their fans. As a huge college basketball fan I just enjoy seeing two good teams play and like them or not they both have good basketball teams. This has been as advertised a good game.

didnt mean to sound douchey but i guess it came off that way. I just hang out with a lot of Illini fans...maybe Im a little jealous.

Haha I didn't think you sounded douchey at all. I just found it funny that your perception of Illinois fans is the same as mine of Mizzou fans. Granted, I'm not around near as many Illinois fans as I am Mizzou.

That was a good game. The Tigers could've used some of those big bodies last year in the tourney.

I hope Missouri loses every goddam basketball game.

They refuse to play us.

And the kids on their teams... what do they call "basket weaving" classes these days... they renamed them, "something" engineering or whatever. A lot of brainless kids, many should not be in college.

State money paid by our tax dollars, provide great facilities, travel, etc on our dime all these year while SLU scrapes by...

Before I dropped my SL Post Disptatch subscription, I endured, suffered during 30+ years of outrageous favoritism for the Missouri University program. Biased. Slanted. Blatant. Sickening.

A favorite example, happens every yr at least once, a large full color picture of a MU player gracefully going up for a jump shot on page 1, then on page 7 a black and white picture of a BIlliken on his rear end awkwardly scrambling for a loose ball.

For many, many yrs the sports editors and staff were dominated by the overrated School Of Journalism grads from MU; not much of that anymore, but the bias continues to a significant extent.