1st of 6

The Wiz

Agree on KM. I also want to see Carter get in the mix and gain some experience in some of these upcoming home games. Remember, we were a very dynamic team in the second half of last season when we were playing a lot of three-guard lineups.

With all of these home games, we have a real opportunity to be 12-3 heading into our first A-10 road game at Temple. If that is where we are at in early January, everybody will be feeling a lot better about the season. Take care of business at home, get healthy and let's get on a roll. Hopefully we can look back at the nonconference schedule and the Santa Clara game will be the only bump in the road.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is part of the problem. People are expecting him to be something he isn't and something Majerus didn't recruit him to be. That said, he has to get better on the defensive end.

well you are excusing him for his poor defense and poor rebounding because he was recruited to make three pointers, imo, that is unacceptable since he doesnt do much of that.

well you are excusing him for his poor defense and poor rebounding because he was recruited to make three pointers, imo, that is unacceptable since he doesnt do much of that.

How is stating he has to get better on the defensive end excusing him for his poor work on the defnsive end?

This is the key to me. Yes, we have not played well to date but if we can hold it together until Kwamain gets back, you have to like our chances.

While KM is not the sole reason for these differences think about the following:

- In 09-10 we go 23-13. Kwamain sat out one game that year with a concussion and we lose by 10 AT HOME to a not that good Missouri St. team.

- in 10-11 we go 12-19 while Kwamian was suspended.

- in 11-12 we go 26-8 as everyone returns and Kwamain is the only meaningful addition.

He's not a perfect player but he's damn good and we miss him tremendously right now. Get through these last few games without him unscathed and we'll be a different team when he returns. Book it.

I think this just shows how important Kwamain is to the team. I still think we can go out and win the A10 especially if Kwamain can get a couple games under his belt before conference season.

The one problem about all of this is how are we going to be next year when we don't have KM, CR, or CE?

I think this just shows how important Kwamain is to the team. I still think we can go out and win the A10 especially if Kwamain can get a couple games under his belt before conference season.

The one problem about all of this is how are we going to be next year when we don't have KM, CR, or CE?

I think our guard play will be just fine. KC a year older and MM and JJ as seniors and our guard play will be scary good. We also add McGroom who is supposed to be a perimeter threat. JB will be serviceable off the bench. I have some more concerns about our inside game, but if JM continues to improve and GG does as well we should be okay. DE will always be consistent and solid. I worry more about our depth with our inside game more than anything else.

This is the key to me. Yes, we have not played well to date but if we can hold it together until Kwamain gets back, you have to like our chances.

While KM is not the sole reason for these differences think about the following:

- In 09-10 we go 23-13. Kwamain sat out one game that year with a concussion and we lose by 10 AT HOME to a not that good Missouri St. team.

- in 10-11 we go 12-19 while Kwamian was suspended.

- in 11-12 we go 26-8 as everyone returns and Kwamain is the only meaningful addition.

He's not a perfect player but he's damn good and we miss him tremendously right now. Get through these last few games without him unscathed and we'll be a different team when he returns. Book it.

Shoe. I sure hope you are right - and maybe you are. No offense to MM, but KM will do a better job of distributing the ball with his superior dribble penetration and passes to our bigs to get them going with easy baskets. KM will also be an additional outside/perimeter threat (which this team desparately needs) but possibly of more importance, will allow MM to focus on scoring and playing the 2 - a real deficiency for us now. Plus, depth wil be that much better among the guards.

At the same time, the performances I have seen of both this team and the individual players under Crews is just not the same as under RM. IMO, if the Valpo performance is the benchmark for this team, then I see us going .500 in conference play and ending the season around the ranking of 92 out of 344 D1 schools which bizzle appears to be so proud. Sorry, but I thought we are expecting a Top 25 and an NCAA Tourney team. Keep in mind that Santa Clara is NOT a good team and they thoroughly embarrassed us on our own Court and that Washington is not very good either. Sure, we still have alot of games left on the schedule, including the entire conference games and therefore the season is really not yet over. And sure, I plan to keep going to all the home games hoping for the best. But if things don't get turned around soon, then our dreams and expectations for us being a Top 25 team and an NCAA Tourney team are done - and to me - that's what I mean by the season is over.

Maybe KM is the guy that turn things around for us in that he is probably our best player, he is a 5th year senior with a ton of experience and he has demonstrated more leadership in the timeouts than both our head coach and assistant coaches. He might be that one piece which is needed to get this team playing up to the pre-season expectations. At the same time, KM will also be playing the rest of this year without RM and under Jim Crews. Our team defense and intensity for 40 minutes is just not there this year. If both the team and individual talent have slipped without RM, why should we expect KM to play, this year, with the intensity, passion and precision he played in the past under RM. Maybe KM will be the difference maker. Maybe KM will both lead and inspire this team to reach their preseason dreams. I sure hope so.