Kudos to the "sixth man" tonight

bonwich

That would be willie. As soon as I saw the one moron ref actually talking back to willie's heckling, I knew we'd be fine.

As for the rest of it: We're weak inside. My secret hope is that Cody will transform into Vouyoukas, but that's not happening yet. We're going to see what we're made of versus 'zo's team this week. We pull that one out, and I'll still have hope in my season prediction.

Perhaps someone can ask on one of the talk shows what this whole "concede free-throw rebounds" so-called "strategy" is all about.

We actually are rebounding pretty well with three and four trying at times. The game is changing and concessions of previously contested parts of the game bother me too. As badly as seeing Yadier not run to first because Pujols often judged it to be a waste of effort or painful if hurt. I think YM is a better player without the Pujols influence.

I've been to all the home games and watched CBE and agree not putting men on the line sometimes looks like an excuse to race to the

Other end one less time and take a breather. If we make 80 percent I worry less about it.

i actually cringed when the refs came out. terry moore is the ref that screwed us in marquette with the phantom 5 second call against josh fisher. we would have won that game. i dont know if we have seen him since until tonite. of the three refs, he didnt do us any favors tonite.

gerry pollard the man from st charles that always seems to try so hard to prove he isnt providing home cooking. we havent seen much of him since the old cusa days. i will say that i though pollard tonite though was billiken friendly. maybe he is auditioning for A-10 status and needs a billiken reference to get in?

ed crenshaw was my lone hope at the beginning of the game. i think crenshaw is one of the better A-10 refs. tonite i thought he also seemed to see things the billiken way.

hopefully moore is now banished for another decade or so.

That would be willie. As soon as I saw the one moron ref actually talking back to willie's heckling, I knew we'd be fine.

As for the rest of it: We're weak inside. My secret hope is that Cody will transform into Vouyoukas, but that's not happening yet. We're going to see what we're made of versus 'zo's team this week. We pull that one out, and I'll still have hope in my season prediction.

Perhaps someone can ask on one of the talk shows what this whole "concede free-throw rebounds" so-called "strategy" is all about.

I don't understand that either. Can't two men back hinder any potential fast break sufficiently to allow us to go for a rebound?

i actually cringed when the refs came out. terry moore is the ref that screwed us in marquette with the phantom 5 second call against josh fisher. we would have won that game. i dont know if we have seen him since until tonite. of the three refs, he didnt do us any favors tonite.

gerry pollard the man from st charles that always seems to try so hard to prove he isnt providing home cooking. we havent seen much of him since the old cusa days. i will say that i though pollard tonite though was billiken friendly. maybe he is auditioning for A-10 status and needs a billiken reference to get in?

ed crenshaw was my lone hope at the beginning of the game. i think crenshaw is one of the better A-10 refs. tonite i thought he also seemed to see things the billiken way.

hopefully moore is now banished for another decade or so.

I sure didn't think Pollard was Billiken friendly. I agree with your first point, I think he doesn't want to be a homer. He is considered to be a big time ref. He's done the ncaa's the last few years, on tv a lot. The shoes know Crenshaw fairly well. Got a little pre game wave. He called a good game. I HATE Terry Moore.

At the Billiken club meeting Crews said it's up to the players. If they want to go for the offensive rebound fine,but if they are just standing there,just go back and set up. I don't agree with it but that' his philosophy.

I'm just throwing this out there: The players should talk about who is going to go back and set up. All five players seems a bit like overkill.

I'm just throwing this out there: The players should talk about who is going to go back and set up. All five players seems a bit like overkill.

Or the coach should step in and tell two of them to go back and three of them to set up for the free throw. I like our guys and we have a lot of talented players, but in my opinion, the players are being asked to do too much without any structure from the coach (e.g. the Santa Clara game).

The FT thing is just baffling.

Or the coach should step in and tell two of them to go back and three of them to set up for the free throw. I like our guys and we have a lot of talented players, but in my opinion, the players are being asked to do too much without any structure from the coach (e.g. the Santa Clara game).

The FT thing is just baffling.

Jim Crews: A True Players Coaching Coach

I sure didn't think Pollard was Billiken friendly. I agree with your first point, I think he doesn't want to be a homer. He is considered to be a big time ref. He's done the ncaa's the last few years, on tv a lot. The shoes know Crenshaw fairly well. Got a little pre game wave. He called a good game. I HATE Terry Moore.

for a pollard game it was friendly. and he gave us more calls then siu in years past he just killed us nonstop. i sure dont think he is a big time ref.

Is this serious?

Sure it is. Why doesn't he also say, "Hey guys, if you want to practice great, if not, just take the day off, I'm not going to tell you what to do..." Every team needs leadership. The free throw issue is a small thing, but with seeing Kwamain drawing up plays on the sideline for the players and Crews refusing to take time outs and Earl Austin telling Crews in the postgame radio show details about an upcoming opponent which Crews said was news to him, I am beginning to wonder if Crews is a coach or a spectator with really, REALLY good seats...

Sure it is. Why doesn't he also say, "Hey guys, if you want to practice great, if not, just take the day off, I'm not going to tell you what to do..." Every team needs leadership. The free throw issue is a small thing, but with seeing Kwamain drawing up plays on the sideline for the players and Crews refusing to take time outs and Earl Austin telling Crews in the postgame radio show details about an upcoming opponent which Crews said was news to him, I am beginning to wonder if Crews is a coach or a spectator with really, REALLY good seats...

+1

well said.

One of the things I've noticed in the couple of games I've watched is the Bills seem to pass the ball without a sense of urgency. The passes are not crisp and the ball is slow to it's target. We've already had numerous passes intercepted.

Majerus was right. We miss the guy who makes the pass before the assist.