Hey BlueCrew Here's a Suggestion

TheA_Bomb

How about prior to every game you post and request quality Heckles from the Billiken Board Faithful? I'm not able to attend and heckle myself but I would enjoy vicariously heckling through your crew. You would sort of be channeling my heckles like a heckle medium. We being basketball crazies may have some quality heckle insight.

I have never understood the "fouls on you, you, you...and your momma too" chear. What does "and your momma too" mean? To my knowledge, none of our opponents' mommas have ever drawn a foul at a game. The chear predates many of us on this board, but I say it should be replaced with something more sensical.

My personal favorite taunt is actually not a chear--I love the witty "Hey Baby" fabricated lyrics shouted out by the band.

i think it was "hey shaggy, how about a scooby snack" (reference to the aia forward that looked like shaggy from scooby doo.

There is something like that in place. I don't know how the heck they did it, but when I was in the Blue Crew, I remember the band would come up with some amazing information. I remember reading where one of the opposing players (i think for cincy) was amazed that we knew such accurate and hard to come by information. If I remember correctly, the kid had left the team for some reason and then came back at some point. The reason was never disclosed and it didn't make the news or anything like that, but somehow our guys knew it. Keep up the good work!

needs to get the info to the board so we can help in the heckling. I don't want to jeapordize the agents getting us the info but wider distribution is a must! Think of the board here as a congressional oversite committee or a select committee on intel. Get the info to the people who can use it! Abomb, back me up on this!

Started many years ago, (pre "TheBand") as a joke about the cheerleaders. A former band member kept hearing the Cheerleaders do their "You, You, You, on you" cheer for every foul. He started to sarcasticly add "and your mama too." It ticked off a couple of cheerleaders and the tradition was born. The cheerleaders do not partake in the "and your mama too" portion of the cheer. Heck, sometimes they miss a foul and dont do the cheer at all (busy checking their hair, i guess). Its a simple thing to do, all the groups do it together (band, students, bluecrew) and one of the only traditions SLU actually has, so I would vote to keep it.

Sounds like a great idea! We are always looking for quality heckles or cheers. Any dirt you can dig up on a player would be used too! We already have some dirt on Arizona's Isaiah Fox, caught stealing snacks and bagels from a university store. You can count on some bagels and signs being present when ARI comes to town.

Any info or heckles you guys have, post em here and i will pass em along. You can also email the Blue Crew at [email protected].

Tim

Blue Crew Webmaster

http://wildcat.arizona.edu/papers/97/50/01_1.html

Hoops center arrested for theft

By Ty Young

Arizona Daily Wildcat

Monday November 3, 2003

UA men’s basketball player Isaiah Fox was arrested Wednesday on charges of stealing food from the U-Mart in the Student Union Memorial Center.

U-Mart employees told police this is not the first time he has shoplifted from the store, UAPD reports stated.

On Wednesday at 10:40 a.m., two employees followed Fox, anticipating another theft, as he walked down store aisles, reports stated.

They saw Fox put a bagel, cream cheese and a king-sized Hershey candy bar in the front pocket of his sweatshirt and walk out of the store. One employee followed him into the UofA Bookstore, where she found him at a magazine rack, reports stated.

The employee asked Fox to come back into the U-Mart. As she spoke with him, Fox tried to hide the bagel and cream cheese behind a magazine rack, reports stated.

The employee told police that Fox asked her to ignore the incident if he promised to not go into the U-Mart again. The employee refused and ordered Fox to return to the store and speak with her supervisor.

When Fox went back to the U-Mart, the employee returned to the bookstore and found the candy bar Fox was seen stealing. Officials from the bookstore confirmed with the employee that they do not sell that type of candy bar in their store, reports stated.

Fox admitted to both the U-Mart supervisor and police that he had stolen the bagel and the cream cheese, but not the candy bar. When the officer told Fox that the candy bar had been found in the bookstore, he said, “All right, fine. I took the Hershey Bar,†reports stated.

Fox also told the officer that he has stolen from U-Mart before. He had never been confronted before, even when taking items in plain view of employees, reports stated.

The bagel and cream cheeses were valued at $1.49 and the Hershey bar was $1.09. Fox faces a misdemeanor charge of shoplifting.

Theft from the U-Mart or any other university-run building is considered prohibited student conduct and is punishable by expulsion, according to the UA Student Code of Conduct.

Police told Fox that he would be arrested for trespassing if he returns to the store, reports stated.

“I am very sorry for all of this. I feel that I’ve let down the coaching staff, my teammates, the fans and the school. It’s so embarrassing. This is a big learning experience, and it will never happen again,†Fox said.

Arizona men’s basketball associate head coach Jim Rosborough was unable to comment on the situation, citing the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

“We know of the situation, but we cannot comment on it,†Rosborough said.

Fox, a 6-foot-9, 269-pound forward/center from Santa Monica, Calif., played in 31 of 32 games for the Wildcats last season, averaging 3.6 points and three rebounds per game.

He is expected to play a more important role on the team this year, though head coach Lute Olson has said Fox needs to keep himself in physical playing condition.

Fox said he missed Saturday’s intra-squad scrimmage because of an eye injury that had to be X-rayed.