Men's Soccer Thread

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweetin has to sit the next three games from what I've been hearing... That hurts almost as much as the two we hit off the post last night. Tomorrow will be a huge challenge against a crafty GW team.

Is that an actual rule or was that handed down by the coaches/athletic department?

Is that an actual rule or was that handed down by the coaches/athletic department?

I believe that's an actual NCAA rule pertaining to yellow card accumulation during the regular season and with his red card last night, he's gotta sit for GW, Butler and the first game of the A-10 tournament. This happened to a kid from Maryland a few years ago and the Twerps didn't get out of the ACC quarters. Let's hope our troops rally to win in Charlotte.

The basic rule is a one-game suspension for five cautions and a three-game suspension for eight cautions.

You do get a two-game suspension for a red card on a fighting offense, so if Sweetin earned his fifth caution of the season on a yellow and a red card for fighting in the same game, he will serve one game for the fifth offense and an additional two for the fighting red card, or whatever you want to call it.

Looks like May and McGinty have the Billikens about a year ahead of schedule for becoming good again. Very nice hire who has done an outstanding job. They Billikens are once again fun to follow.

+1 on the McGinty hire. It gives me hope should May be hiring a new basketball coach in the Spring.