Enough of the soft news....

slu72

C'mon guys let's hear something about our guys. Are they working out at W.Pine? Who looks better? Did I read IV made the Greek Olympic team. Hope they have a place to play hoops in Athens as construction is well behind schedule. Is IO playing for the Israelis? There is one thing I miss about the 'Zo years. The guy wasn't bashful about who he was recruiting. Gave us all a lot of fodder for off season discussion. You know we've all been talking about KL so much what about our other scholies for next year? How many do we have? I guess we're counting on using two for KL and TL, so who else are we looking at? What do we need? Obviously a #4, but then what? Do we get another center? We've got Husak and IO returning. Would a center be a good target? So would the class be 2 sg's, a 4, and a 5? Let's talk hoops!

We will have at least four scholarships.

Two will be offered/reserved for Lisch and Liddell. It appears that one is being targeted toward Dennard Abraham. I have no idea what the staff has in mind for the fouth.

Another scholarship is likely to become available tomorrow. If this happens, look for the staff to sign a juco guard during the next several weeks or to hold the scholarship for a potential transfer. (If Mizzou is hit in May with probation, will McKinney or Grimes be looking for new homes?) If neither such option pans out, then we will have five scholarships next fall.

the three current juniors that the "experts" have mentioned slu being involved with are kevin lisch, marcus landry and josh tabb. of course tabb is already gone. landry by all accounts is a 6'7" leaper with a body carved out of stone. the locals that i have whispers about are matt laurence and langdon shipley, both from laffeyette i believe. laurence is a combo forward and shipley is a combo guard. slu72, you now know as many rumors as i do.

if he hasnt, he can take 24 hours or so at some junior college next week and they can count that. when the ncaa asks why he was admitted, $nyder can tell them he thought that was the rule, apologize, promise he wont recruit anyone while on vacation in martinique and the ncaa will walk away with walmart gift certificates in their pockets nodding, shrugging and muttering under their breath,......."good enough for me".

cheese, when you say "another slaten", do you mean skill wise or what? i saw langdon only at the shootout last year and i was very pleasantly surprised. i thought he did a fine job. he wouldnt be my first choice, but i can see where it might develop into something. he reminded me of the butler point guard in the 2002-2003 season. i think that butler kid's name was miller.