Date Change: basketball banquet-- May 6

TheBand

Men’s Basketball Banquet Set for May 6

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Monday, April 23, 2012

**The May 6 date is a change from an earlier announcement**

ST. LOUIS – Saint Louis University will hold a men’s basketball banquet at Chaifetz Arena Sunday, May 6, to celebrate the memorable 2011-12 season which saw the Billikens advance to the third round of the NCAA Tournament.

Tickets are $30 per person and may be purchased by calling the Billiken Ticket Office at 314-977-3250 or by email at [email protected]. Doors open at 5 p.m. for a reception, with the dinner and program slated to begin at 6 p.m. Guests will park in the Fred Weber VIP Lot and enter through the Chaifetz Arena VIP entrance on the west side of the building.

The Billikens are coming off one of their best seasons in recent history. They went 26-8 overall, advanced to the semifinals of the Atlantic 10 Conference Championship and earned an at-large bid into the NCAA Tournament, their first NCAA appearance since 2000.

SLU, a No. 9 seed, upended eighth-seeded Memphis 61-54 in the NCAA second round in Columbus, Ohio, the Bills’ first win in NCAA Tournament play since 1995. Two days later, SLU battled No. 1-seed Michigan State to the wire before falling 65-61.

Additional highlights from the Billikens’ 2011-12 campaign include winning the ESPN 76 Classic in Anaheim over Thanksgiving, which led to the Billikens’ first national ranking since 1994. Brian Conklin and Kwamain Mitchell reached the 1,000-point milestone, and the duo were named All-Conference with Conklin earning first-team distinction and Mitchell being named to the third team. In addition, Jordair Jett was named to the All-Defensive team while Conklin and Kyle Cassity earned a spot on the league’s All-Academic team.

Included in the celebration will be special recognition for Billiken seniors Kyle Cassity and Brian Conklin.

-so how does the date move from friday and with less than 2 weeks remaining from the day of the event????

It was moved from Monday night to Sunday night and I, for one, am very happy because there were several other big events scheduled for Monday. This will free me up for the banquet! Let's get everyone there!

I am just concerned that with Rick's health issues he may not be able to make the banquet on May 6. Hopefully the AD has a plan in place in case such situation arises. Should we find someone within the program to lead the banquet or should we try to find the best available emcee out there? I want to see Rick make it to the banquet, I just hope they have a plan in place, just in case.

I am just concerned that with Rick's health issues he may not be able to make the banquet on May 6. Hopefully the AD has a plan in place in case such situation arises. Should we find someone within the program to lead the banquet or should we try to find the best available emcee out there? I want to see Rick make it to the banquet, I just hope they have a plan in place, just in case.

I heard alex jensen is a mean emcee. is too far out of the program to lead such a banquet is the question?

I heard that Rick may or may not be there on May 6th.

This post may or may not be complete garbage.

On a more serious note, how many Billiken.com posters are planning on attending? I've requested tickets already, so just wanted to see if any familiar faces were going to attend. (Roy, I expect to see YOU there! :) )

suck your own dick. there ain't no jump ball, there ain't no way. there ain't no t-lisch spankin' off all over a weight bench, there ain't no way. there ain't no gubbermint cheese flowin' out a guinness tap, there ain't no way. there ain't no halley's comet firin' up oprah's hoohah splittin' 'er in twain (Fig. 1), there ain't no way, there ain't no manbearpig, there ain't no way. i just ain't makin' dis 'un.

Fig. 1

Posted Image

suck your own dick. there ain't no jump ball, there ain't no way. there ain't no t-lisch spankin' off all over a weight bench, there ain't no way. there ain't no gubbermint cheese flowin' out a guinness tap, there ain't no way. there ain't no halley's comet firin' up oprah's hoohah splittin' 'er in twain (Fig. 1), there ain't no way, there ain't no manbearpig, there ain't no way. i just ain't makin' dis 'un.

Fig. 1

Posted Image

Obviously, post of the century. Can we just cut off voting now?