For those with a level head -- Where do we stand now?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This RI loss is going to ###### kill us. But how much? What do we have to do to make sure we get a bid? Or is the only way now to win the A-10 Turny?

Well, it is a weak bubble this year. We have that going for us.

I'd like to think if we win our last 2, we're in. Lose one of those and I think we need to get to the A-10 finals. Lose our last 2 and I think we need to win the A-10 tourney.

We dropped to 37 in the RPI...not horrible, but definitely not as safe as 23. Dare I say this could actually help us if we can parlay this into an 11 seed? But I think we just solidified an 8/9 spot, which sucks donkey....

It happens a lot.

It was a huge letdown (got 2 gm lead for 2nd) - look ahead (Xavier) game, it happens.

Just today, K State lost at home after huge upset @ Missouri, Duke had to go to OT after their big win against Fla St (were in 3 way tie for 1st in ACC). Our Loyola MT and U Mass losses were letdowns.

I sure thought we would still be able to slip by RI, we all did.

Now it is best if we win last 2 and keep 2nd place alone in the A-10. That should keep us in the dance. Probably. If we win only one and wind up sharing # 2 in the A-10 then we are on the bubble and need to win some games and get to the A-10 Tourney final and it will also depend upon who wins, especially if Temple does not take it.

It happens a lot. It was a huge letdown (got 2 gm lead for 2nd) - look ahead (Xavier) game, it happens. Just today, K State lost at home after huge upset @ Missouri, Duke had to go to OT after their big win against Fla St (were in 3 way tie for 1st in ACC). Our Loyola MT and U Mass were letdowns... I sure thought we would still be able to slip by RI, we all did. Now it is best if we win last 2 and keep 2nd place alone in the A-10. That should keep us in the dance. Probably. If we win only one and wind up sharing # 2 in the A-10 then we are on the bubble and need to win some games in the A-10 Tourney and it will also depend upon who else wins, especially if Temple does not take it.

+1

I'm pretty sure we have to settle for the NIT. I cannot think of one NCAA caliber team that Rhode Island can beat....except for us. Let's just embrace the fact that today was a total and complete loss. This is the same Rhode Island team that lost to Georgia State by over 30. They are last in the A-10, below even Fordham. We deserve to lose this bid. We should be completely ashamed. We deserve the NIT. Period. In fact, I think this loss will be a huge blow to our confidence and two more loses will follow.

I'm pretty sure we have to settle for the NIT. I cannot think of one NCAA caliber team that Rhode Island can beat....except for us. Let's just embrace the fact that today was a total and complete loss. This is the same Rhode Island team that lost to Georgia State by over 30. They are last in the A-10, below even Fordham. We deserve to lose this bid. We should be completely ashamed. We deserve the NIT. Period. In fact, I think this loss will be a huge blow to our confidence and two more loses will follow.

This is the same Rhode Island team who won at Dayton, and beat Umass...two pretty decent teams...

They obviously have some talent, but are very young. Something we were well acquainted with last season...

This is the same Rhode Island team who won at Dayton, and beat Umass...two pretty decent teams...

They obviously have some talent, but are very young. Something we were well acquainted with last season...

I know they're young, but look at where they rank nationally. 176th in points per game. 321st in field goal %. We won't see a team this bad again any time this season. The only thing URI does is rebound.

Win the last 2 regular season games, and this stinker maybe costs a seed line.

I don't think you fully understand what a loss like this could do to our morale. This wasn't a middle of the road ball club. They were 5-22! A loss like this could kill our chances. We are a bubble team at best. I'm being extremely optimistic saying that.

I don't think you fully understand what a loss like this could do to our morale. This wasn't a middle of the road ball club. They were 5-22! A loss like this could kill our chances. We are a bubble team at best. I'm being extremely optimistic saying that.

It does nothing at all to morale. This isn't grade school. They will come out prepared for Xavier. Again, if this team is that fragile mentally...this discussion could get ugly.

For all we know, this maybe a wake up call we really needed before heading into the post season.

Blessing in Disguise? :rolleyes:

How is a loss to the worst team in the A10 going to help us win the A10 tournament? Winning the A10 is our only hope at this point. Otherwise we'll be seeing the Not Invited Tournament.

How is a loss to the worst team in the A10 going to help us win the A10 tournament? Winning the A10 is our only hope at this point. Otherwise we'll be seeing the Not Invited Tournament.

You are in the running with Gary for worst poster after a bad loss.

Are you guys serious?

Rhode Island had an RPI of 267.

If we do not win the A-10 tournament, we will not go to the NCAA tournament.

We were a bubble team before this game.

The bubble has popped.

Are you guys serious?

Rhode Island had an RPI of 267.

If we do not win the A-10 tournament, we will not go to the NCAA tournament.

We were a bubble team before this game.

The bubble has popped.

I disagree. We win the last two and two in the tourney we're in. We win the last two and one in the tourney we still have a shot.