SLU vs UMASS GDT

AlumniFan

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we heard this same line after UNM/Dayton. This was a disappointing loss.

For you every loss is the end of the world. And by saying that I'm making excuses for our program, I'm sure. Look, they had a week to prep for a HUGE game and they came out like gangbusters. Let's come home and get two wins. We're all good.

For you every loss is the end of the world. And by saying that I'm making excuses for our program, I'm sure. Look, they had a week to prep for a HUGE game and they came out like gangbusters. Let's come home and get two wins. We're all good.

I don't accept losing. Never have. UMass played a good game, and the Billikens didn't match it. Yeah, you couldn't go one post without an excuse.

I don't accept losing. Never have. UMass played a good game, and the Billikens didn't match it. Yeah, you couldn't go one post without an excuse.

And contrary to what you say, our guys did compete, but just didn't bring it the entire game. They certainly didn't quit in the 2nd half.

waldo...defend that game.

People don't like losing...especially when the team doesn't compete. That's why you see what you do on here. I told you why I don't post much after wins. I expect to win.

We were on the road, our 2nd straight road game, and they had a week off before the game. That's about it though. It was the worst we've played all year, easily, but it was still very winnable.

I don't know what world you live in where a 5 point game with 5 minutes left is "not competing."

After the Dayton loss you declared we were done for an at-large bid. We've lost 2 more since then. Do you think we have a shot at the NIT?

Excuses and reasons are not the same thing. I'm sorry you expect to go undefeated every year. That's got to suck to live in disappointment.

I want the attitude and culture to change around here. Winning matters, and losing is not acceptable. There are other college basketball towns who embody that.

We were on the road, our 2nd straight road game, and they had a week off before the game. That's about it though. It was the worst we've played all year, easily, but it was still very winnable.

I don't know what world you live in where a 5 point game with 5 minutes left is "not competing."

After the Dayton loss you declared we were done for an at-large bid. We've lost 2 more since then. Do you think we have a shot at the NIT?

We'll see how AC goes. I have told you what I think: I expect to win. Wish more would feel that way.

I want the attitude and culture to change around here. Winning matters, and losing is not acceptable. There are other college basketball towns who embody that.

The attitude and culture will change and already is changing with Majerus.

Keeping a level-head is not "accepting losing".

We played a ###### first half. People have every right to be pissed off. But we also fought back. I expected to win this game, but what's your point. We didn't win. What is it going to help to freak out?

Yea, I'm going to get real mad and say dumb $###### on a message board, that'll change it.

Really? Which other college town doesn't accept losing? What do they do if their team does lose? What would you suggest we do, so that we don't add to the problem by accepting the loss?

I'm going to sit here and wait for your response, I really need to know how to DEMAND more from the Bills

We'll see how AC goes. I have told you what I think: I expect to win. Wish more would feel that way.

I expected to win today, also. However, I understand that sometimes that doesn't happen. Maybe you should jump on the Murray State bandwagon while there is still room.

Yea, I'm going to get real mad and say dumb $###### on a message board, that'll change it.

Really? Which other college town doesn't accept losing? What do they do if their team does lose? What would you suggest we do, so that we don't add to the problem by accepting the loss?

I'm going to sit here and wait for your response, I really need to know how to DEMAND more from the Bills

Hahahahaha - great post

I can give you two towns that don't accept losing at all: Lexington, KY and Las Vegas, NV. You ever hear the radio after a UK loss?

Here's how I'm looking at it.

We played our worst half of the year.

UMass played an unbelievable first half.

We shot 8-19 from the line.

Take away 6 points at the end of the game for free throws and desperation and we only lose by 7 on the road to a good team while on short rest.

Should we have won? Yes. No one on our team played well at all today. Jordair did for a while but those free throws killed us. Conklin seems to have lost the touch from everywhere. We didn't play smart, but we had every chance to win that game despite everything I just said.

I can give you two towns that don't accept losing at all: Lexington, KY and Las Vegas, NV. You ever hear the radio after a UK loss?

and does that radio change anything? Are either of those teams undefeated this year? last year?

I still want to know what to do? How do I not accept it?

I'm thinking I go down to practice tomorrow and spank them all. That'll let them know I don't accept it?