Who says we never win the close ones

The Wiz

This was a good win. Charlotte is not a bad team (B-). Not only to come from behind , but to learn how to win a close one. It is tough to learn when you have had a lot of cream puff games or blowouts. This game was good for their psyche too. A loss might have started a spiral down in confidence. And finally, road wins are always great.

Great to come away with this win. A lot of us think that RM works them too hard over break so now school is starting again and we have a week until the next game so we can take it a little easier this week and still work on everything. Charlotte won at St. Joes so this was a very good win for us in my opinion.

For about 15 minutes we looked like the November team. Being patient, yet aggressive on offense, causing turnovers, hitting open shots, playing our game. Let's just get back to doing that consistently and we'll be tough to beat.

To state the obvious, SLU looks so much better when it can hit the 3's.

But that is also a product of good passing and good dribble drive penetration, followed by the kickout.

In other words, it seems to me that good hustle, good crisp offense, ball movement, pays off, and paid off big time today.

This was a very good road win, even though SLU played poorly for half of the game, if not more. Hopefully, that in itself shows that SLU is a good team.

This was a good win. Charlotte is not a bad team (B-). Not only to come from behind , but to learn how to win a close one. It is tough to learn when you have had a lot of cream puff games or blowouts. This game was good for their psyche too. A loss might have started a spiral down in confidence. And finally, road wins are always great.

Except for the fact that it might have given many of us a nervous breakdown, the mere fact of a good win on the road is super. It was particularly important for the timing. After three tough wins against good teams if we had lost a fourth in a row and gone to 1-3 in the conference the mountain may have been too hard to climb. When we went down 14 and were playing like dog cr@#, I thought we might come back but I had real doubts. When we went up 13, it appeared that what we all dreamed of last year, a quick and tough three guard lineup with KM,MM and JJ would finally come to fruition. That series of forced turnovers and excellent shots and passes made us look like worldbeaters. Then we took the air out of the ball and we looked like dog cr@# again! I give huge credit to those three guys and Conk and Ellis. That five was very undersized compared to the team on the court from Charlotte but they really prevailed with intensity and hustle. Go Bills!

SLU's current RPI is back in striking range- 57, pending further games today, per the calculation at www.rpiforecast.com.

That's a big improvement from the nosedive to 73 after the Temple game.

A road win like today is huge for RPI purposes.

A team we dominated-- Oklahoma--beat highly ranked Kansas State today!

Good news!

I'd like to see LMU upset Gonzaga tonight in LA. Is that too much to ask?

Gonzaga really laid an egg at St. Marys this week and was dominated in a huge loss. I would have to believe they will come in hot to get rid of the rotten taste they have from that loss. On the other hand, maybe they will have a bit of a loss of confidence!

One thing I noticed was the Billikens ball movement on offense was good to excellent for the entire game, which resulted in a lot of open shots. The problem, for over more than half the game was hitting those shots, even lay ups sometimes. Again, we got about twice as many O boards than Charlotte.

One glaring problem was turn overs. Charlotte's freshman point guard had 5 steals, and I believe he leads the league in this. But, there seemed to be a lot of unforced errors too. KM stepped out of bounds with the ball at least twice-unforced. Seemed like Jett threw the bal away-bad pass- at least once or twice, as well as others. Luckily, Charlotte had 22 turnovers- a result of our good defense.

SLU is a superior team, no doubt. That was even obvious when they were down by double digits. It does feel good to say that after a win, for a change!

Shouldn't have been a close one. I'm even more scared of our "close game" abilities after watching us handle a 13 point lead with 4 to go.

Shouldn't have been a close one. I'm even more scared of our "close game" abilities after watching us handle a 13 point lead with 4 to go.

Agree. The lap top was about ready to fly out the window when they came w/in 1. Was surprised to see them get so funky handling the rock. KC contributed w/ some bad picks and others just got flustered. As an aside the best play today was CE setting up BC for a lay in with a very sweet looking Fernandez type pass. I feel CE is gonna come on very strong for us in the next 12 games.