Alex Jensen Gone

b.hayes

This job with the Cavs came up at the last minute and it was the first time that Al had the opportunity to be a head coach. The D league will play even if the big league is out for labor reasons. Some of the assistants from the Cavs will come down to help him get acclimated. Al wanted head coaching experience and this dropped into his lap. He is not upset with the school or with Coach but merely sees this as an opportunity to get some name recognition as a person who has been a head coach. Timing is not ideal but we will be able to get through this. Al is a great guy and I wish him the best.

Thanks for the info- go out of town for a night and all hell breaks loose. How does RM replace him this time of the year? - need a guy who knows the system. Recruiting - not good for this but we still have time to recover. I understand what you are saying about this falling in his lap but really this is not a very good thing to do to RM given that he gave AJ his start.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true. Talked with him at the BSC yesterday.

I don't really post anymore, but I'm stoked to hear this news, a lot of people had written Tommie off and it's truly a good story if he ends up getting his degree from Saint Louis University.

I don't really post anymore, but I'm stoked to hear this news, a lot of people had written Tommie off and it's truly a good story if he ends up getting his degree from Saint Louis University.

And this is a good tribute to the tenacity of our coaching staff and our athletic dept because they never gave up on Tommie and they really worked hard to get him back in school so he could finish up his degree. I truly hope he can finish and go forward and be a success in life!

And this is a good tribute to the tenacity of our coaching staff and our athletic dept because they never gave up on Tommie and they really worked hard to get him back in school so he could finish up his degree. I truly hope he can finish and go forward and be a success in life!

could you give us some specifics as to "they really worked hard to get him back in school so he could finish up his degree"? thank you i will hang up and listen.

p.s. good for tommie!

could you give us some specifics as to "they really worked hard to get him back in school so he could finish up his degree"? thank you i will hang up and listen.

p.s. good for tommie!

I know a lot of details that are not and will not become public. Suffice it to say a number of folks in the athletic dept. and on the coaching staff including the head coach have been working to try to get Tommie to come back to SLU to finish his degree and they have worked hard to make sure the university would accept him back. No one is looking for public praise but they did a nice job on this situation.

If my memory is working today I believe both George Karl and Flip Sanders coached in the NBDL before becoming pretty decent NBA HC.

I think your memory is not working today. The NBDL has only been in existence since 2001, and neither Saunders nor Karl has ever coached in it. I think you are thinking about the CBA, where both of them coached teams. However, to be fair to Karl, he did have NBA coaching stints prior to coaching in the CBA.