Semi O.T. Southwest Missouri State to CUSA???

Rumors are rumbling on Wednesday night that Mo St. has been offered to join the CUSA for all sports but football, and then football when the facilities and program are updated.

If they are serious about their football I guess this is a good move. Doesn't really upgrade their basketball, at best a lateral move. Without Calipari at Memphis, while they are a fine program, they don't have the same stature. MVC for the most part is just as good and probably a deeper league too.

2 bigger issues to Billiken fans

There is an opening in the MVC. Does SLU get a call to fill it? Oh The Horrors.

We already have problems scheduling MO St, who is one of our relatively few legitimate rivals. Does the Bears changing their conference affiliation affect us being able to schedule them in the future?

These are still just rumors. The MO St. AD is denying it. Some decent posters on the MO St message boards are saying it is for real.

Rumors are rumbling on Wednesday night that Mo St. has been offered to join the CUSA for all sports but football, and then football when the facilities and program are updated.

If they are serious about their football I guess this is a good move. Doesn't really upgrade their basketball, at best a lateral move. Without Calipari at Memphis, while they are a fine program, they don't have the same stature. MVC for the most part is just as good and probably a deeper league too.

2 bigger issues to Billiken fans

There is an opening in the MVC. Does SLU get a call to fill it? Oh The Horrors.

We already have problems scheduling MO St, who is one of our relatively few legitimate rivals. Does the Bears changing their conference affiliation affect us being able to schedule them in the future?

These are still just rumors. The MO St. AD is denying it. Some decent posters on the MO St message boards are saying it is for real.

Why bother to start the stupid MVC discussion again. It is not going to happen and at this point when you look at the strength of the A10 and the quality of the players I cannot imagine anyone even thinking about it-- I can assure you that no one at the University is giving it a second of consideration so lets just leave it alone.

Why bother to start the stupid MVC discussion again. It is not going to happen and at this point when you look at the strength of the A10 and the quality of the players I cannot imagine anyone even thinking about it-- I can assure you that no one at the University is giving it a second of consideration so lets just leave it alone.

Um, I think he had his tongue in his cheek when he said that. Either that, or he was fishing and you grabbed the bait.

Why wouldn't SLU not think about joining the MVC? What has the A10 done for them? Everyone is drinking the koolaid and thinks we will be the next big thing, and I hope so cause I want to go to the A10 tourney in AC, but no one knows what we got til we hit the court

Um, I think he had his tongue in his cheek when he said that. Either that, or he was fishing and you grabbed the bait.

I was semi serious. Surely if there is an opening we are on the short list of candidates to join the MVC, maybe not the top one but we are on the list. Whether this is a good or bad thing has been discussed ad nauseam and I expressed my opinion on that subject.

I was semi serious. Surely if there is an opening we are on the short list of candidates to join the MVC, maybe not the top one but we are on the list. Whether this is a good or bad thing has been discussed ad nauseam and I expressed my opinion on that subject.

next thread,please- no more moving back to MVC which is nothing like the league that produced lots of NBA giants when we played there

A10 win the A10

http://blogs.news-leader.com/msu/2011/06/21/moats-no-truth-to-msu-to-conference-usa-rumors/

Missouri State athletic director Kyle Moats emphatically denied Tuesday evening’s rumor that MSU athletics would be moving to Conference USA.

“Absolutely not,” Moats said in a text when asked if there was any truth to the rumor that MSU had received an offer from C-USA to join the conference in all sports except football.

The rumor gained traction on Twitter late Tuesday evening after men’s basketball player Drew Wilson wrote “Just got the word we moving to Conference USA next year.” The post has since been removed.

He later wrote, “Me and another teammate read it off somewhere, so (I don’t know).”

On a side note, I was shopping at IKEA in Frisco, TX last night and there is a John Q. Hammons Street right by the Dr. Pepper Ballpark, home of the Frisco Rough Riders. That guy is everywhere.

I think this is really going to happen. Going to the league that kicked SLU out. Of course that was predicated in large part by football. I think this is great news for the whole state and SLU should take our spot in the Valley. Schools like Creighton, Drake, and SLU would have a lot in common and geography would be on their side too.

I think this is really going to happen. Going to the league that kicked SLU out. Of course that was predicated in large part by football. I think this is great news for the whole state and SLU should take our spot in the Valley. Schools like Creighton, Drake, and SLU would have a lot in common and geography would be on their side too.

I have no idea what msu will do but I'm of the strong belief that slu has an open invite to the mvc whenever we want it. They'll make the number of teams work if we want in. Obviously nothing would cause slu to want to join the mvc short of key parts of the a-10 (Xavier and Dayton) leaving for something else.

If CUSA were to lose a team to the Big East I think Missouri State could actually be a good option for them as a replacement as long as they are willing to wait for MSU to improve it's football program to the FBS level and if Mo State is interested in competing at that level.

Missouri State is in a fairly populated state that currently only has one FBS level football program, would provide some access to two large media markets, is a fairly large school with 21,000 students, isn't far from other CUSA schools, and other than football has good facilities.

As for the MVC I currently like the A10 better but what happens when Temple, UMass, and maybe Charlotte have to move their hoops programs to a league that has football. If the MVC were to lose one member it would make room for Dayton, Saint Louis, and Xavier to come as a package and create a 12 team conference.

If CUSA were to lose a team to the Big East I think Missouri State could actually be a good option for them as a replacement as long as they are willing to wait for MSU to improve it's football program to the FBS level and if Mo State is interested in competing at that level.

Missouri State is in a fairly populated state that currently only has one FBS level football program, would provide some access to two large media markets, is a fairly large school with 21,000 students, isn't far from other CUSA schools, and other than football has good facilities.

As for the MVC I currently like the A10 better but what happens when Temple, UMass, and maybe Charlotte have to move their hoops programs to a league that has football. If the MVC were to lose one member it would make room for Dayton, Saint Louis, and Xavier to come as a package and create a 12 team conference.

Your post isnt bad, but that last sentence is more than ridiculous. Let's get real here; Xavier and the MVC should never be used in the same sentence.

And MSU to CUSA isn't happening either.

I really think if C-USA were to add , I could see Georgia State being involved.Being in Atlanta would be huge,and I see their football program taking off quickly,

I really think if C-USA were to add , I could see Georgia State being involved.Being in Atlanta would be huge,and I see their football program taking off quickly,