Breunig update

Randy

UPDATE: While Martin Breunig was scheduled to return to Germany to talk over his college options with his family, we at Rumor Central have learned that he didn't in fact return home.

Breunig plans to make at least one more visit in order to compare it to his recent trip to Washington. Then, he will likely do as earlier planned and return to Germany to talk with is family. At this point, though, the Huskies appear to be in good shape for Breunig unless he is blown away by another school on his next visit.

---

Doug Haller of the Arizona Republic reported moments ago on Twitter that 2011 power forward Martin Breunig is still "up in the air" on a decision.

Breunig originally signed with Maryland, and visited Washington upon getting his release from the Terrapins after Gary Williams stepped down.

Washington remains hopeful that it can lure the versatile German forward to Seattle, and at last update Breunig was still talking it over with his family back in his home country.

Indications are that he may still take a visit to a mid-major to compare it to his trip to UW.

-ESPNinsider

If he hasn't returned to Germany and intends to do so after his next visit, then it sounds like it could be a while before we know anything.

I think the dead period is over today, so maybe he intends to visit a mid-major (hopefully, SLU) very soon.

If he hasn't returned to Germany and intends to do so after his next visit, then it sounds like it could be a while before we know anything.

I think the dead period is over today, so maybe he intends to visit a mid-major (hopefully, SLU) very soon.

Hopefully it is SLU. Its kind of weird that there has been no information at all recently regarding his recruitment. Im still not very optimistic.

Hopefully it is SLU. Its kind of weird that there has been no information at all recently regarding his recruitment. Im still not very optimistic.

Possibly the dead period contributing to the lack of info? If he is truly waiting to see another school (and meet with the coaches, etc.), but couldn't for the last week then I'm not sure there would be anything new to report.

I wonder if someone like Butler is the Mid-Major? Hope not. This kid's highlight video was fun to watch.

They keep saying he may visit a mid-major. That has been reported for a few weeks now. Strange that the name of the mid-major has never been revealed.

Thats what I was getting at when I said there really hasnt been any recruiting info regarding Breunig. You would think someone would find out which mid major it is.

Believe he was here in Feb.

Hey, this is simple. Tell him we have a home and home w/ UW. So he'll get to see them twice! That ought to convince him SLU's the place to be for the next 4 years. Plus, you're gonna get a whole lot more playing time here, Herr Bruenig!

I know it is not relevant to this topic, but I was asking some people who was hitting the gym hard and the consensus seems to be Dwight Evans is getting noticeably bigger, which is always a positive thing to hear about a kid who played well as a bean pole.. After last season I kind of hoped he would turn into a Roger Powell from Illinois' 05 team type player for us, and if he puts on weight, he could be even better.

I know it is not relevant to this topic, but I was asking some people who was hitting the gym hard and the consensus seems to be Dwight Evans is getting noticeably bigger, which is always a positive thing to hear about a kid who played well as a bean pole.. After last season I kind of hoped he would turn into a Roger Powell from Illinois' 05 team type player for us, and if he puts on weight, he could be even better.

When I was at the FanFest I noticed that he looked a lot stronger. Rick mentioned that Evans had put on 20 lbs. since the season ended. I wouldn't be surprised if he has put on more lbs. since the FanFest. He's got the frame to be pretty jacked.

When I was at the FanFest I noticed that he looked a lot stronger. Rick mentioned that Evans had put on 20 lbs. since the season ended. I wouldn't be surprised if he has put on more lbs. since the FanFest. He's got the frame to be pretty jacked.

Davola-

Did you 'notice' this guy? Or check him out?

His updated recruiting profile on ESPN lists Virginia, SLU, Temple, San Fransisco, and Udub.

Wouldn't UVA be prohibited from signing him away from MD? I'm not so sure ESPN considers A-10 teams as true mids. He might just want another trip to the WC paid for by the Dons.

72: I believe the stipulaion on releases from LOI could rest with the school, the conferenc or both.

Turgeon, in a enticing move, might give the kid an all-encompassing release, but some conferenes might have a requirement of no ther conference school can move in OR a two-year sit out if signing/transfering to another school in conference. I do not know the ACC ruls on such.

Knowing UMd's history of late, most transfers have gone to schools like Loyola of Maryland, Towson and Morgan State when they stayed local. Very few kids have come in with the most recent being from Tulane. Gibbs just released went to Texas so it depends. I am pretty certain the ACC has a two-year sit out for transfers but don't know about LOI releses.

A school could also be a bastard about it, as Pepperdine was with Josh Fisher. Some time ago, Tulane signed a kid to an LOI and he wanted out to sign with Cal. There was a huge ruckus, kind of like Harrelson's adventure with Western Illinos and Kowal with Northern Illinois. Then there was the somewhat sady deal of Masoli out of Oregon to Ole Miss or Miss State.