Malcolm Hill Jr.

NH

SLU has recruited Hill in the past, which I've written on this board before. SLU had Hill on campus for an unofficial visit early in his freshman year and probably since then for an Elite Camp or something, but I don't remember for sure.

I did not ask his father about SLU. I don't usually ask recruits/parents/coaches about specific schools unless they bring up the schools so I can get a more accurate gauge of who is recruiting them or a better feel for what they think about certain schools. (For example, if a reporter calls a recruit saying he is from the Scout.com site that covers a school like SLU, the recruit may say lots of nice things about SLU. But if a reporter calls and says he is from Scout.com or Newspaper X, the same recruit may not even mention SLU as a consideration.)

I'll talk to Malcolm Jr. soon and I'll ask him about all the schools recruiting him.

I know I will get blasted for being critical of the HeardThisBlog..but Nate makes a valid point and it is one of the reasons I don't read to deeply into what is being reported on the HTB..

Another reason is the constant use of this board for self promotion..which wouldn't be necessarily bad, except it gets excessive.. also don't like when they get all defensive in posts..(what's that you say? Legwork?).. If you are going to offer up public information, you need to just understand that not everyone is going to like certain things..a lot of haters will pop up, just be mature and keep doing what you are doing...don't act like a sissy and respond to every post on a message board..

That being said, I do appreciate the effort and info.. hope it keeps up and gets better with TIME

I know I will get blasted for being critical of the HeardThisBlog..but Nate makes a valid point and it is one of the reasons I don't read to deeply into what is being reported on the HTB..

Another reason is the constant use of this board for self promotion..which wouldn't be necessarily bad, except it gets excessive.. also don't like when they get all defensive in posts..(what's that you say? Legwork?).. If you are going to offer up public information, you need to just understand that not everyone is going to like certain things..a lot of haters will pop up, just be mature and keep doing what you are doing...don't act like a sissy and respond to every post on a message board..

+100. Great post.

nothing that a sack of $100 bills couldnt achieve. ask huggybear.

or hell, let's go with the ACT lookalike test taker. that always works for cal.

see if we put our heads together we can make this #1 choice plan work.

Heck, lavish parties worked for Tark...you forgot that one.

That being said, I do appreciate the effort and info.. hope it keeps up and gets better with TIME

You must have bought the Tak album last year when he showed up promoting Stand Tall. Sorry.

So I take it you are just doing them a public service and representing the 'haters' on the board? If you are just looking to provide constructive criticism, maybe you shouldn't call them sissies. Tends to make people get defensive, which is what you are telling them not to do.

As for the self-promotion, Nate did the same thing on this board when the BillikenReport was up and going. If you are running a site that appeals to hardcore Billiken fans, why would you NOT try to reach out to them on a message board? I don't have a problem with them promoting their new articles on this board, and it appears that the majority of the posters here do not either. Not sure why it irks you so much, especially considering that you've previously used this board as your own personal storywriting forum. Seems to me you should have no qualms with anyone doing a little self-promoting!

[/b]

So I take it you are just doing them a public service and representing the 'haters' on the board? If you are just looking to provide constructive criticism, maybe you shouldn't call them sissies. Tends to make people get defensive, which is what you are telling them not to do.

As for the self-promotion, Nate did the same thing on this board when the BillikenReport was up and going. If you are running a site that appeals to hardcore Billiken fans, why would you NOT try to reach out to them on a message board? I don't have a problem with them promoting their new articles on this board, and it appears that the majority of the posters here do not either. Not sure why it irks you so much, especially considering that you've previously used this board as your own personal storywriting forum. Seems to me you should have no qualms with anyone doing a little self-promoting!

I like both Billikenreport.com and HeardThis (although BillikenReport offered a different type of info) but Nate did very little promotion.

[/b]

Thing is, Billiken Report is fronted by Scout, which is a trusted name in recruiting.

That list grows every day...no order...Mizzou, Notre Dame, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio State Georgetown, Providence, etc...and so on...

Unless SLU plans on spending $400k for Dalonte Hill or Word Wide Wes etc...expectations are that SLU would only be able to land highly sought after high major recruits every once in a while at best.

Kwamain Mitchell, Mike McCall, Dwayne Evans, etc...were under the radar kids who could play...but didn't have one thing or another that on the surface that bigger schools were seeking. As long as SLU "hits" with frequency and consistency with these types of players, SLU can and will be successful. ...often and consistently.

Xavier has made 21 of the last 27 NCAA's since Gillen...Gonzaga has made 13 straight...winning consistently over a long period of time with "less" or "overlooked" does quite a bit for recruiting.

Yes, yes, yes, yes!! This nails it. Beautiful post.

As far as heard this blog goes, I enjoy the information, but the self-promotion is very annoying. If you're providing good information, the people will come.

Yes, yes, yes, yes!! This nails it. Beautiful post.

As far as heard this blog goes, I enjoy the information, but the self-promotion is very annoying. If you're providing good information, the people will come.

It is our thought process that we are still in the very early stages of the site and are doing this promotion to get the word out. Sorry that many of you are so ticked off by receiving free information.

It is our thought process that we are still in the very early stages of the site and are doing this promotion to get the word out. Sorry that many of you are so ticked off by receiving free information.

Word of mouth promotion is one of the greatest tools available today. And I know that if someone from this board reads one of your posts and links to it because it's good information I'm more likely to read it than if you do it yourself. Not putting you down, just a thought.

Word of mouth promotion is one of the greatest tools available today. And I know that if someone from this board reads one of your posts and links to it because it's good information I'm more likely to read it than if you do it yourself. Not putting you down, just a thought.

That's a fair assessment. Thanks for the honest input. I'll take that into consideration.

That list grows every day...no order...Mizzou, Notre Dame, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio State Georgetown, Providence, etc...and so on...

Unless SLU plans on spending $400k for Dalonte Hill or Word Wide Wes etc...expectations are that SLU would only be able to land highly sought after high major recruits every once in a while at best.

Kwamain Mitchell, Mike McCall, Dwayne Evans, etc...were under the radar kids who could play...but didn't have one thing or another that on the surface that bigger schools were seeking. As long as SLU "hits" with frequency and consistency with these types of players, SLU can and will be successful. ...often and consistently.

Xavier has made 21 of the last 27 NCAA's since Gillen...Gonzaga has made 13 straight...winning consistently over a long period of time with "less" or "overlooked" does quite a bit for recruiting.

+1

If it's feedback you seek...and considering the quantity and sensitivity of your posts here...I gave mine yesterday 12:10pm post in the Smith thread.

I like both Billikenreport.com and HeardThis (although BillikenReport offered a different type of info) but Nate did very little promotion.

Both have self-promoted by providing information on this board. Both would be morons not to do so. Nate is on a different mission now so let support the new guys. Those of you blasting these guys are about as dumb as they come. You have nothing better to do than screw with these guys that are trying to make a name for themselves the right way. I am most disappointed in Metz by his tantrums - I expected more support from you.