RM on 590 w/Frank & Martin today

StlBills

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So far he has talked about the event this weekend. He said they have someone that has pretty much committed that is over seas that they are going to send to prep school. They want to sign 2 more. We have Washinton coming next year for sure. He said something about 3 other teams they may play I dint here all 3 but I think he said Memphis, New Mexico and I dont know the 3rd. He talked about mizzou and he was gonna call Frank Haith when he gets finished with the interview.

So far he has talked about the event this weekend. He said they have someone that has pretty much committed that is over seas that they are going to send to prep school. They want to sign 2 more. We have Washinton coming next year for sure. He said something about 3 other teams they may play I dint here all 3 but I think he said Memphis, New Mexico and I dont know the 3rd. He talked about mizzou and he was gonna call Frank Haith when he gets finished with the interview.

I have had an acquaintance I see somewhat frequently mention to me a couple times a new AUSSIE / KIWI recruit that is tall. This guy works within SLU with frequent interaction with RM but he isn't a huge basketball fan. I asked him more than once if he meant Rob Low who was already here and he was pretty confident it was ANOTHER tall New Zealander. Now that I see RM's comments below I am thinking maybe he is not crazy.

Would love to see Alford bring his Lobos to Chaifetz...I'd also kill to see SLU play at The Pit in a return game. That's definitely on my athletic venue "Bucket List."

The other team he mentioned as getting a series with was Va Tech. I love what they are trying to with the schedule, if they can get one of those 3 series (no need for all 3, IMO), Pitt, UW, and Mizzou that would be a great schedule. Not to mention the games in the Anaheim tournament. From the sound of the interview it appeared Alden and May have already been talking. Majerus mentioned a home and home then a game in KC and STL. I assume the game in STL would be at Scottade. I say cut the nuetral court games and just do a 4 game home and home.

From a recruiting standpoint he also mentioned a kid from Greece that is a good shooter, and according to Majerus if there is one thing he knows its shooting.

The other team he mentioned as getting a series with was Va Tech. I love what they are trying to with the schedule, if they can get one of those 3 series (no need for all 3, IMO), Pitt, UW, and Mizzou that would be a great schedule. Not to mention the games in the Anaheim tournament. From the sound of the interview it appeared Alden and May have already been talking. Majerus mentioned a home and home then a game in KC and STL. I assume the game in STL would be at Scottade. I say cut the nuetral court games and just do a 4 game home and home.

From a recruiting standpoint he also mentioned a kid from Greece that is a good shooter, and according to Majerus if there is one thing he knows its shooting.

The Pitt game was as a buy game with no return date.

Majerus would love anything with a bit of grease [sic] on it ;)

I would take any game anywhere with a top ten team.

Agreed, look what playing Duke did for our RPI last year

We shouldn't be doing buy games against anyone.

In order to establish your program you have to play, and beat, top level teams. If the only way we can get them on the schedule is to be a buy game for them, I say go for it.

I like the possible Mizzou set up. Neutral court games are the sexy thing right now. It would also work well for us since one of the neutral court games would be here in town.

Agreed, look what playing Duke did for our RPI last year

The SOS difference from the previous year was HUGE. A lot of that is based on the Duke game. If we can be a buy game for either Duke or Pit I am all for it. However, I think being a buy game for both in the same season could possibly start setting an ugly precedent.

In order to establish your program you have to play, and beat, top level teams. If the only way we can get them on the schedule is to be a buy game for them, I say go for it.

I like the possible Mizzou set up. Neutral court games are the sexy thing right now. It would also work well for us since one of the neutral court games would be here in town.

I still think smokin hot babes are sexier than neutral court games...

I just listened to the podcast. Majerus was very upbeat and pretty funny. He praised the fans for their support and loyalty. He said that fans could play one-on-one with one of the players tomorrow at the fanfest. A few guys on this board can get their chance to take on Cassity :D . You could tell Majerus was pissed about not getting Crossland. The kid told SLU originally how much he loved his family and wanted to stay close to home, then after taking the visit to TCU he said that he wanted to get away from his family. Great quote... he said that the best thing he could hear from a recruit is yes, the second best thing he could here is no, so he can move on and they won't waste each other's time. He wants to know where they stand. He said the game against Washington is on a Sunday in November. I couldn't tell if the recruit from Greece who is coming in for a visit soon was for this coming season or the following season. He said the mom played college ball at Virginia. We need the kids from the HeardThis blog to get on the case! While you are at it, find out who the "kid from overseas going to prep school who they think they have a commitment from" is. Anyway, this interview is further proof that Majerus just doesn't care about the fans and is bad with the media. ;)

I just listened to the podcast. Majerus was very upbeat and pretty funny. He praised the fans for their support and loyalty. He said that fans could play one-on-one with one of the players tomorrow at the fanfest. A few guys on this board can get their chance to take on Cassity :D . You could tell Majerus was pissed about not getting Crossland. The kid told SLU originally how much he loved his family and wanted to stay close to home, then after taking the visit to TCU he said that he wanted to get away from his family. Great quote... he said that the best thing he could hear from a recruit is yes, the second best thing he could here is no, so he can move on and they won't waste each other's time. He wants to know where they stand. He said the game against Washington is on a Sunday in November. I couldn't tell if the recruit from Greece who is coming in for a visit soon was for this coming season or the following season. He said the mom played college ball at Virginia. We need the kids from the HeardThis blog to get on the case! While you are at it, find out who the "kid from overseas going to prep school who they think they have a commitment from" is. Anyway, this interview is further proof that Majerus just doesn't care about the fans and is bad with the media. ;)

Also proof that he is a lazy recruiter.

Just a guess, but here is a recruit from Greece in the class of 2012...

Mike Dimitropolous 6’6″ SG/SF (Veritas Christian Academy)

A player hails from Greece and who looks more like a college 3 but also plays the 2, an active and fundamental player. Works hard even in drills but sometimes had trouble in the fast pace of the open court games. Decent shooter and does not make many mistakes. Has gotten interest from Elon and Arizona State.

Forgot to mention, looks like it won't be Jim Crews, mentioned Whitesell (fired from Loyola) as a possible assistant.

That would be a really good hire, IMO. He has been coaching in the Chicago area for the past 20+ years. He obviously has ties to the area there and can most likely keep the recruiting lines open. Also glad to hear that Crews is most likely not coming.

I saw from a distance what looked like Harriman showing around a recruit and his parents. It wasn't close to me, but it looked like a recruit.

He was white, brown hair and about an inch taller than Harriman. 100% total speculation. Like I said it was from a distance and I could be completely wrong.