New Asst. Hire?

One word: Jealousy. Some people here are indifferent to Marquette or insert similar school example here. Some people see them as an example to study for relatedness to SLU. Some hate Marquette because SLU isn't in their position.

Haters, conspiracy theorists, jilted lovers, etc...often times shout the loudest, even if they are in the minority. Other examples come and go...but many people here aren't interested in bringing up Providence(or insert example here) or responding as much or as often when its many other schools.

Roy posts the most here. He hates Marquette. Metz somehow is still allowed to post here despite being the biggest troll here, and he posts often, and hates Marquette. Bk18, etc...

It would seem the vocal minority cares a great deal about Marquette. Combine that with the other group that sees them as something to study for info purposes as it can be related to SLU...and you have multiple groups there.

Example...I speak often with...say...Bay Area Billiken regarding West Coast hoops and other sports, prep, college, pro out West etc...but the vocal minority here passes over those threads or topics quickly. ...or insert other examples here as well.

What the hell is your problem? All you Cardinals fans "hate" the Cubs allegedly. But when someone "hates" Marquette like Roy and I adamantly do, all hellfire descends upon us like we're the reincarnation of the Know Nothings.

Yeah, I'm not going to back down of my hatred of Marquette. I love watching them lose more than I like watching us win. Sadistic, yeah, probably. Sue me. But you aren't going to change how I feel about it by calling me a "troll" or whatever the hell that means. You do your thing and I'll do mine. Marquette caught lightning in a bottle with DeeWayne Wade and that punk Novak and I'm sure the Big East felt for them because of how much they're on their knees worshiping at the ALtar of McGuire.

Those days are over. Move on, Marquette. Having pride in my alma mater and wanting to see SLU in the best conference shouldn't be a crime. If it is, I'm putting my arms out, so arrest me.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell is your problem? All you Cardinals fans "hate" the Cubs allegedly. But when someone "hates" Marquette like Roy and I adamantly do, all hellfire descends upon us like we're the reincarnation of the Know Nothings.

Yeah, I'm not going to back down of my hatred of Marquette. I love watching them lose more than I like watching us win. Sadistic, yeah, probably. Sue me. But you aren't going to change how I feel about it by calling me a "troll" or whatever the hell that means. You do your thing and I'll do mine. Marquette caught lightning in a bottle with DeeWayne Wade and that punk Novak and I'm sure the Big East felt for them because of how much they're on their knees worshiping at the ALtar of McGuire.

Those days are over. Move on, Marquette. Having pride in my alma mater and wanting to see SLU in the best conference shouldn't be a crime. If it is, I'm putting my arms out, so arrest me.

Kid, you aren't a troll here because of your inability to control your jealousy of other schools. You are a troll here because of the way you post nearly 100 percent of the time.

Kid, you aren't a troll here because of your inability to control your jealousy of other schools. You are a troll here because of the way you post nearly 100 percent of the time.

Ask me if I care.

Why are Marquette fans treated any differently here than Mizzou fans ie not with disdain?

torch, it's because of our "Jesuit identity" that a lot of people cut Marquette slack. I do not. 10 out of 10 times I'd rather watch Marquette lose than watch SLU win. Their egotistical student body, alumni (especially those who live in St. Louis) are absolute jokes.

torch, it's because of our "Jesuit identity" that a lot of people cut Marquette slack. I do not. 10 out of 10 times I'd rather watch Marquette lose than watch SLU win. Their egotistical student body, alumni (especially those who live in St. Louis) are absolute jokes.

You'd rather watch MU lose than SLU win? You need to be tested for drugs. Who give a flying f*** about MU anyways? We don't even play them.

As I said earlier, the coach is working on the structure of and potential additions to the staff. Everyone has urged him to take his time and make sure he is comfortable with the selections and the structure. That makes sense to me.

Makes sense. The staff should be focused on recruiting right now and unless a newly hired asst has unsigned players in his hip pocket the new hire will not help this late in the game for 2011 recruiting. I hope RM finds a young aggressive recruiter with midwest ties who shows promise as a X's & O's guy. I don't want an old retread like Crews who will add zero to recruiting but brings experience running a team to the table. We don't have the luxury of an old buddy for RM because the program's ability to recruit dropped when Porter walked out the door.

+2

Metz please sign up for the Marquette message board and relieve yourself, there.

Comma-happy today, are, we?

You are just full of awesome ideas, aren't ya? Slap yourself on the back more for that gem of a comeback!