Sweet 16 NCAA Tourney

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First games see Florida and UConn advance in close ones. BYU fought hard to get it to OT but were done once it got there. Fredette had a tough shooting night. SDSU just couldn't contain Kemba Walker. Cut it to a point late, but were definitely hurt by some missed free throws.

Looking forward to the Butler-Wisconsin game!

Derrick Williams has to be the nunber 1 pick in the draft, right?

It'll depend on the team and their needs. I've got Kyrie Irving going number 1. Williams will be high, and could make a push for that spot. Don't forget about Enes Kanter. He'll likely go top 5.

It'll depend on the team and their needs. I've got Kyrie Irving going number 1. Williams will be high, and could make a push for that spot. Don't forget about Enes Kanter. He'll likely go top 5.

Haven't forgot about Kanter. He super impressed me in the World Summitt game over the summer. It will depend on what a team is looking for, but I think any team will have a hard time passing on what Williams brings. I have just been wowed by him in this tournament and in the Pac 10 finals. Nobody has impressed me more than him.

Haven't forgot about Kanter. He super impressed me in the World Summitt game over the summer. It will depend on what a team is looking for, but I think any team will have a hard time passing on what Williams brings. I have just been wowed by him in this tournament and in the Pac 10 finals. Nobody has impressed me more than him.

I think right now the top 5 is pretty interchangeable. Williams, Irving, Barnes, Kanter and Sullinger. No absolute clear cut #1 at this point. Personally, I agree with others here that Williams seems to be the most impressive right now amd has been lights out the last few games.

That's the military draft, right?

Otherwise, who cares?

Props however to Derrick Rose and the other NBAers who will donate $1,000 per point scored this weekend OF THEIR OWN MONEY to Japan Earthquake/Tsunami relief. On the other end of the spectrum, who believes CBA really cares when they want you to text their number for a $10 donation to the effort. Maybe if CBS was going to match it or something. But to pay billions to the NCAA for March Madness and then only set up a number for John and Jane Doe to contribute, well, .... aren't they special and don't they really care.

I hope those folks that don't think we can make the NCAA's are watching this Butler-Florida game. Howard is good, but I don't think he is light years ahead of Conk. Otherwise, I think we will be equal to, if not better at every other position that Butler currently has out there on the court.

Howard is light years ahead of conklin. he was a top 100 recruit. he is bigger, faster, stronger, and a better shooter than conklin. they're not even in the same league with one another.

I hope those folks that don't think we can make the NCAA's are watching this Butler-Florida game. Howard is good, but I don't think he is light years ahead of Conk. Otherwise, I think we will be equal to, if not better at every other position that Butler currently has out there on the court.

Howard is light years ahead of conklin. he was a top 100 recruit. he is bigger, faster, stronger, and a better shooter than conklin. they're not even in the same league with one another.

Not based on what i have seen this game, but admittedly, i haven't watched Butler enough.

Gotta give the refs credit for not swallowing the whistle and calling fouls against Florida.

I think the better comparrison is to the kind of player we hope Cody can be. That I don't think is a big stretch.

that's some real wishful thinking. the comparison to conklin is probably more fair than cody, who is basically an over-sized three. howard is a true power forward. he is a banger. we do not have one. and to hope that cody will be one is like hoping that salecich becomes jimmer fredette next year.

I think the better comparrison is to the kind of player we hope Cody can be. That I don't think is a big stretch.