Worst Billiken team since???

bbill

I am a fan. But, let's face facts. This team cannot shoot, and that has become a trademark of the Majerus era. The sophomores and juniors don't shoot any better than the freshmen, so it's not really a question of youth.

What do the Aussies/Kiwi add, and why are we recruiting more?

The Billikens are not just bad; they're extremely boring.

Assinine post.

We lost our two STAR players.

Back to being the 6th youngest team in 300+ NCAA D-1's.

You are not a fan.

Assinine post.

How is this an asinine post? It is a simple question. Regardless of the factors leading to the poor performance of this team, every team necessarily ranks somewhere within all the series of teams to have proceeded them. Unfortunately, this team is pretty bad. Young? Yes. Screwed over by the policies of the University? Yes. Nonetheless, it is fair to ask where they rank historically relative to previous Billiken teams.

Soon, the nightmare will be over and the 2011-2012 season will start and all of this will be a memory, but while we are living it, it is PAINFUL.

How is this an asinine post? It is a simple question. Regardless of the factors leading to the poor performance of this team, every team necessarily ranks somewhere within all the series of teams to have proceeded them. Unfortunately, this team is pretty bad. Young? Yes. Screwed over by the policies of the University? Yes. Nonetheless, it is fair to ask where they rank historically relative to previous Billiken teams.

Soon, the nightmare will be over and the 2011-2012 season will start and all of this will be a memory, but while we are living it, it is PAINFUL.

I don't think it is necessarily asinine as much as it is premature. If this team was getting blown out every game, perhaps we could start 'discussing' this topic. However, they have been in nearly every gamke, there are still games left to play and most likely a trip to the A-10 tournament. I think we should perhaps wait until the season is done and gone before deciding if this is the worst team since whenever.

I don't think it is necessarily asinine as much as it is premature. If this team was getting blown out every game, perhaps we could start 'discussing' this topic. However, they have been in nearly every gamke, there are still games left to play and most likely a trip to the A-10 tournament. I think we should perhaps wait until the season is done and gone before deciding if this is the worst team since whenever.

+1. As much as I hate when Majerus chalks this season up to youth and inexperience, he's right. This team has more talent than any team I can remember.

Shortsighted post is what I would call it. What good does it do? Perhaps the rantings of a fan frustrated by the season…. Facts are though MM and KC are shooting well 42%, and 38% respectively, from three. This is despite absolutely no inside presence. Loe's early success was partly due to the surprise of a 6'11" shooter, now he is rushing not getting set, and he has shorter time to shoot resulting in a rushed shot. Not sure what is going on with Ellis looked much more promising last year. CS actually has shot better the last few games, taking better shots, would like to see him shoot a little more now as opposed to earlier this year. This team will likely have the worst record of Majerus' career, but it is a talented team.

I am sort of getting tired of "Well... at least next year we should have a really good team"

I think everyone here will echo your thoughts. But if we get our two studs back, I don't think we will be saying 'wait till next year, we will be great.' This season sucks beyond belief (I told my wife after the end of last season to expect me to take trips in March with college friends with no questions asked)...but we are close. I'm trying to make the most of it and watch the freshman(who I feel are very very talented) grow and mature and gain some experience that will help them mature quicker and make the team better in the long run.

Dwayne Evans is a steal. Mike McCall has all the tools and I liked his moxy yesterday -- despite being shoved all over the place by Tony Taylor (I loved him whenhe played second base for the Phillies in the late 60s). Loe is a porject as all foreign big men are. Jett can run a point and is not afraid to drive and take punishment. Two pillars are gone. We shall live on providing the classroom works out for Reed.

Consider this year on-the-job training. That's all this is worth.

Dwayne Evans is a steal. Mike McCall has all the tools and I liked his moxy yesterday -- despite being shoved all over the place by Tony Taylor (I loved him whenhe played second base for the Phillies in the late 60s). Loe is a porject as all foreign big men are. Jett can run a point and is not afraid to drive and take punishment. Two pillars are gone. We shall live on providing the classroom works out for Reed.

Consider this year on-the-job training. That's all this is worth.

+1

They are not boring-they can play but the drought in second half is killing us