Aussies +1

GOSLU68

I was pretty fure Ellis would come around but I was getting worried about salecich.

With Salecich's enthusiasm, hustle, and D if he can chip in 6 a game it would be a nice bost.

Not so sure we can say Ellis has come around. I would still love to see him give us more than a three-point shooter. Granted, if he gives us a good three-point shooter that is very valuable.

Not so sure we can say Ellis has come around. I would still love to see him give us more than a three-point shooter. Granted, if he gives us a good three-point shooter that is very valuable.

Yes it would be nice if Cody was still an absolute lights out sniper but the fact is his game is starting to become really well rounded. I suspect this will kickstart his 3 pt shooting.

Cody's defense has really improved and he has always been a very good passer. I would like to see him develop a reliable low post move.

Cody's defense has really improved and he has always been a very good passer. I would like to see him develop a reliable low post move.

Cody's defense has improved. However he is still an average defender at best. His passing may be good, it hasn't stood out to me but I could be missing it, but he is only averaging .8 assists a game. Cody still doesn't really have a position and I look forward to see what direction his growth takes him in the upcoming years.

Cody's defense has improved. However he is still an average defender at best. His passing may be good, it hasn't stood out to me but I could be missing it, but he is only averaging .8 assists a game. Cody still doesn't really have a position and I look forward to see what direction his growth takes him in the upcoming years.

I am a fan of Majerus but I wonder if he allows for certain role players to be themeselves; put Ellis on the easist to defend an let him play offense with an open attitude. I know it is not quite that simple.

Remember when The Blues sent Brett Hull walking, he did not play enough "D"?

(I am not a hockey fan, though like it much more than soccer)

CE and RL are just like the other players. No one receives credit for their passing and no one can get an assist if the recipient of the pass doesn't make the shot. The loss of WR and the slower than hoped for development of CR has not been good for our outside shooting bigs of CE and RL. If we simply had 4 traditional, American style back to the basket bigs, then w/o WR and w/ the slower than hoped for development of CR, maybe our situation would not be so bad. Instead, the Situation has really been "The Perfect Storm" for this team. Still, if RM and this team stick together, we may actually be better off in the long-term as previously mentioned. The most grating aspect, though, is to hear John Hadley and the local media (who never liked SLU in the first place) run their mouths, question the talent, question RM and say this team is no better than it was before RM. We are building a program, for the first time in my memory, and unfortunately it is taking longer than expected.

I am a fan of Majerus but I wonder if he allows for certain role players to be themeselves; put Ellis on the easist to defend an let him play offense with an open attitude. I know it is not quite that simple.

Remember when The Blus sent Brett Hull walking, he did not play enough "D"?

(I am not a hockey fan, though like it much more than soccer)

2 stanley cups later I think he proved otherwise.

11 years later Him being pushed out the door still burns my britches.

As for the Bills, sometimes and with some players I think it CAN be that simple. This isnt rocket science its basketball.

Majerus is a hell of a coach and Im glad he is here but sometimes I think he and the coaching staff may over think things.

Basketball is a different game than it was 10-15 years ago. Its less stuctured and more athletic and sometimes I wonder how these guys would do if Majerus would loosen the reins a bit and let their ability take over.

2 stanley cups later I think he proved otherwise.

11 years later Him being pushed out the door still burns my britches.

As for the Bills, sometimes and with some players I think it CAN be that simple. This isnt rocket science its basketball.

Majerus is a hell of a coach and Im glad he is here but sometimes I think he and the coaching staff may over think things.

Basketball is a different game than it was 10-15 years ago. Its less stuctured and more athletic and sometimes I wonder how these guys would do if Majerus would loosen the reins a bit and let their ability take over.

That works if you have superior athletic talent (like Kentucky). However, we don't have superior athletic talent. We have an excellent coach who has a winning style and who recruits for that style. Two of Rick's best qualities are his ability to recognize high school players who have the ability to show significant growth (yes, he misses sometimes, but hits more than most), and the ability to coach those players up to their ability. You will notice that his teams improve throughout the year more than most teams, in my opinion. If he "loosened the reins" with his current roster we'd score more points but the overall record would be worse. His system values defense, playing as a team offensively, and taking good shots. No one is arguing that we have been successful in all of those areas this year, but we are making significant improvements.

That works if you have superior athletic talent (like Kentucky). However, we don't have superior athletic talent. We have an excellent coach who has a winning style and who recruits for that style. Two of Rick's best qualities are his ability to recognize high school players who have the ability to show significant growth (yes, he misses sometimes, but hits more than most), and the ability to coach those players up to their ability. You will notice that his teams improve throughout the year more than most teams, in my opinion. If he "loosened the reins" with his current roster we'd score more points but the overall record would be worse. His system values defense, playing as a team offensively, and taking good shots. No one is arguing that we have been successful in all of those areas this year, but we are making significant improvements.

I understand that and I get that Majerus is thinking long term. And I think his plan will work well in the long run.

But I still think that this team could run more and occasionaly improvise on offense.

Ive seen times when the Bills pull up on odd man breaks and go into their set offense. Times like that I wish the team had more leeway to make something happen on their own.

CE and RL are just like the other players. No one receives credit for their passing and no one can get an assist if the recipient of the pass doesn't make the shot. The loss of WR and the slower than hoped for development of CR has not been good for our outside shooting bigs of CE and RL. If we simply had 4 traditional, American style back to the basket bigs, then w/o WR and w/ the slower than hoped for development of CR, maybe our situation would not be so bad. Instead, the Situation has really been "The Perfect Storm" for this team. Still, if RM and this team stick together, we may actually be better off in the long-term as previously mentioned. The most grating aspect, though, is to hear John Hadley and the local media (who never liked SLU in the first place) run their mouths, question the talent, question RM and say this team is no better than it was before RM. We are building a program, for the first time in my memory, and unfortunately it is taking longer than expected.

John Hadley is a knucklehead - he does not have one exceptional opinion about anything. He sucks up to some and constantly berates others. The other day I happened to hear him - I try to avoid the a$$ but sometimes he sneaks in on my radio - saying that Colby Rasmus says he learned from last year but could not tell even one thing he learned so that makes Colby still mess. First of all, after hearing Rasmus speak, he clearly is not at ease at the mike and probably is not the sharpest knife in the drawer but what did Hadley expect him to say, I learned that my coach TLR is a jerk and I am stuck with him so it is up to me to conform since they are not going to trade me. Hadley is a tool - just give the kid the benefit of the doubt and see how it plays out why start ridiculing him now.

John Hadley is a knucklehead - he does not have one exceptional opinion about anything. He sucks up to some and constantly berates others. The other day I happened to hear him - I try to avoid the a$$ but sometimes he sneaks in on my radio - saying that Colby Rasmus says he learned from last year but could not tell even one thing he learned so that makes Colby still mess. First of all, after hearing Rasmus speak, he clearly is not at ease at the mike and probably is not the sharpest knife in the drawer but what did Hadley expect him to say, I learned that my coach TLR is a jerk and I am stuck with him so it is up to me to conform since they are not going to trade me. Hadley is a tool - just give the kid the benefit of the doubt and see how it plays out why start ridiculing him now.

With the exception of a very few, I can't stand the local sports personalities and Hadley is easily one of the worst.

I have seen improvements. But what SIGNIFICANT improvements have you seen? I guess it depends on what you call significant.

I have seen improvements. But what SIGNIFICANT improvements have you seen? I guess it depends on what you call significant.

I have seen significant improvements in team defense over the past month. I have also seen significant improvements in the area of defensive effort and practice in both Loe and Ellis.