SLU v. Duke GDT

SluSignGuy

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That Lorenzo Romar is pretty good. He is doing well at UW SLU made a good hire on that one. Now only if we could've followed it up with another good hire.

As I recall, our record was worse each year under Romar and he didn't leave much talent behind. After being Washington's 4th or 5th choice, he's doing well in a well-funded program in a big conference in an area that he is accustomed to recruiting. He's gotten it done there, but I'm not sure you could call him a success here. Being second choice for big name recruits (as Romar was at SLU) is pretty worthless, IMO. I don't think RM gets left holding the bag on wishy washy recruits nearly as much.

As I recall, our record was worse each year under Romar and he didn't leave much talent behind. After being Washington's 4th or 5th choice, he's doing well in a well-funded program in a big conference in an area that he is accustomed to recruiting. He's gotten it done there, but I'm not sure you could call him a success here. Being second choice for big name recruits (as Romar was at SLU) is pretty worthless, IMO. I don't think RM gets left holding the bag on wishy washy recruits nearly as much.

Whatever dude he had a big committment that went on to UCLA when he didn't stay at SLU

He has done well at UW top seeds winning rankings etc

2 coaches and 10 years later and we haven't even sniffed the tourney.

I would estimate SLU would have 8-10 more points with them.

Both are really missed, obviously IMO.

I am not denying that they are missed, but we were so off in the first half. I am not sure how much of a difference it would make. I will concede that it likely would have been in the turnover category most.

Whatever dude he had a big committment that went on to UCLA when he didn't stay at SLU

He has done well at UW top seeds winning rankings etc

2 coaches and 10 years later and we haven't even sniffed the tourney.

Ryan Hollins was the player.

I really love McCall. One of the few bright spots this afternoon.

If KM returns, I say let him play next semester. Maybe we salvage some of the season and by the time McCall a jr I want him at full time pg.

McCall is good. He has good experience in the Chicago Public League, and it shows. From what I've seen today, he has the most natural talent on the current SLU team. Leave him alone and let him play.

I am not denying that they are missed, but we were so off in the first half. I am not sure how much of a difference it would make. I will concede that it likely would have been in the turnover category most.

They would've come into this game with a completely different mind-set than we did today. So you just never know.