Kyle Cassity

RUBillsFan

(whatever that is)

eFG% = (FG + 0.5*3P) / FGA

Effective Field Goal percentage is a metric that takes into account that a 3 pointer is worth one more point than a 2 pointer. Sounds easy but I never would have thought of it.

Awesome. Somebody post this on his Facebook page. I want the kid to have some mega confidence going into Saturday.

Im sure 05 already told him. :P

Awesome. Somebody post this on his Facebook page. I want the kid to have some mega confidence going into Saturday.

Let me play devils advocate and say this isn't awesome. We need him to shoot more, even if it comes at a lower percentage. I loved it when he was selective on shots with KM, WR and CE as first options but without those guys he needs to start taking a few more questionable shots and hence his % will go down.

http://kenpom.com/playerstats.php?s=eFG

KC is #1. Duke's best player at eFG (whatever that is) is Kyrie Irving at #114. SLU 112 - Duke 19.

+1,000,000,000

NH, 05, slubilliken09... it shouldn't surprise you how happy this makes me

Let me play devils advocate and say this isn't awesome. We need him to shoot more, even if it comes at a lower percentage. I loved it when he was selective on shots with KM, WR and CE as first options but without those guys he needs to start taking a few more questionable shots and hence his % will go down.

Related, here is a breakdown of our Shots per minute as compared to their FG%

Name Min Shot S/M FG%

Rob 120 44 .37 .39

Cody 110 36 .33 .39

JJ 133 40 .30 .48

Conk 84 23 .27 .57

DE 114 29 .25 .48

Mike 162 38 .23 .45

Kyle 184 42 .23 .67

Paul 65 13 .20 .62

Cory 113 18 .16 .44

CS 115 17 .15 .18

Sucky formatting, as always, but basically the highlights are:

Loe shoots every 3 minutes he's in the game, but makes less shots than anyone except Christian. Although since almost half his shots are from behind the arc 39% isn't awful. Cody fires away at the second highest rate, and makes about the same as Rob.

Christian is shooting 18%, but is playing over 8 minutes more per game than Paul, who is shooting 62% with a similar shot sample size. Neither shoot often, but Paul makes his when he does.

Kyle has the highest shooting percentage on the team, but only shoots more than Paul, Cory and Christian.

Conklin takes, and makes, more shots than Cory. By a lot.

Related, here is a breakdown of our Shots per minute as compared to their FG%

Name Min Shot S/M FG%

Rob 120 44 .37 .39

Cody 110 36 .33 .39

JJ 133 40 .30 .48

Conk 84 23 .27 .57

DE 114 29 .25 .48

Mike 162 38 .23 .45

Kyle 184 42 .23 .67

Paul 65 13 .20 .62

Cory 113 18 .16 .44

CS 115 17 .15 .18

Sucky formatting, as always, but basically the highlights are:

Loe shoots every 3 minutes he's in the game, but makes less shots than anyone except Christian. Although since almost half his shots are from behind the arc 39% isn't awful. Cody fires away at the second highest rate, and makes about the same as Rob.

Christian is shooting 18%, but is playing over 8 minutes more per game than Paul, who is shooting 62% with a similar shot sample size. Neither shoot often, but Paul makes his when he does.

Kyle has the highest shooting percentage on the team, but only shoots more than Paul, Cory and Christian.

Conklin takes, and makes, more shots than Cory. By a lot.

In spite of the fact that Conklin looked like he would never finish for two early games. He went from too exhuberant to too limp and seems to have found something of late along with

a lot of confidence-now if he just be a little more deceptive it wold help. As long as his free throw % ages stay up he earns more minutes than CR in my book