Close call for Dayton

The Wiz

Dayton barely beat Savannah St. one of the worst teams in the nation (on the same level as SIU-Edwardsville). Final score 61-59. This would have been a major upset....the same as if we would beat Duke in 2 weeks.

We're not great, but we haven't been in the "bad as Savannah St" conversation for about 30 years.

slu should beat duke easily. you just gotta look at like this. last year, slu beat dayton, who beat UNC, who beat NC State, who beat Duke.

slu by 44 if you add up all the differences. not worried at all.

That's science!!!...

'04-'05 was not "Savannah State bad" IMO. We were 6-10 in CUSA that year. Even in '92 I don't think we were a 300 rpi team.

were there 300 rpi teams in '92?

'04-'05 was not "Savannah State bad" IMO. We were 6-10 in CUSA that year. Even in '92 I don't think we were a 300 rpi team.

Footes, the Wiz never said we were Savanah St. bad. He said Savanah St. beating Dayton would be comparable to SLU beating Duke.

Footes, the Wiz never said we were Savanah St. bad. He said Savanah St. beating Dayton would be comparable to SLU beating Duke.

Last year Duke finished with the #2 rpi, while we had #79. Dayton had the #39 RPI while Savannah State had #313. While beating Duke would certainly be an upset, I don't think it's of the magnitude of Savannah State beating almost any top 50 team. We finsihed about 80 spots behind Duke, while Savannah State was about 270 behind Dayton.

Let's just say that both wins would be upsets.

Sorry, I tend to bristle at comparisons of SLU to Savannah State. Kshoe, Dayton is much closet to Duke than SLU is to Savannah State.

+1

The comparison was not so much team ranking but more that the point spreads would be similar. While Sav St would not be considered as big an upset as the Bills beating Duke (Dayton not rated) it would be the same in overcoming a major point difference. (20+ points)

Last year Duke finished with the #2 rpi, while we had #79. Dayton had the #39 RPI while Savannah State had #313. While beating Duke would certainly be an upset, I don't think it's of the magnitude of Savannah State beating almost any top 50 team. We finsihed about 80 spots behind Duke, while Savannah State was about 270 behind Dayton.

Let's just say that both wins would be upsets.

Sorry, I tend to bristle at comparisons of SLU to Savannah State. Kshoe, Dayton is much closet to Duke than SLU is to Savannah State.

Footes, the computers would predict Dayton to beat Savanah St. by 27.6 points last night. They have us losing by 24.7 to Duke.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/Duke.html

http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/Dayton.html

You may not like the comparison but it is fair.

Footes, the computers would predict Dayton to beat Savanah St. by 27.6 points last night. They have us losing by 24.7 to Duke.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/Duke.html

http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/Dayton.html

You may not like the comparison but it is fair.

Prior to the Dayton game, I had Sav St losing to Dayton and the Bills losing to Duke both by about 25 1/2 pts. As a result of the Dayton close call, the Dayton/SS gap has closed to 19 pts. Still a blowout but a big jump for SS. Hopefully the Bills can keep it close.

Prior to the Dayton game, I had Sav St losing to Dayton and the Bills losing to Duke both by about 25 1/2 pts. As a result of the Dayton close call, the Dayton/SS gap has closed to 19 pts. Still a blowout but a big jump for SS. Hopefully the Bills can keep it close.

Fair points if we're talking about point spreads.