A-10 predictions for '10-'11

bsheldon

Thanks bsheldon. I really liked Soderberg and Lisch and Lidell as well. I thought Soderberg was a real stand up guy and a good coach. Unfortunately for him, he wasn't a strong recruiter. I don't like Majerus pompous attitude. I have read this board for years, and I know the dislike for Majerus was strong on here until last year also. If he can elevate SLU I think it will be good for the conference, though Majerus has been outspoken in his disdain for the A10. I guess another reason to dislike him. Good luck on the season. Hopefully the players involved did not do anything and can play, but seems like there was wrong doing if the school judiciary board has ruled against. As we can see from the MSU case, some prosecutors place an extreme on the burden of proof.

I have a slightly different take on this situation. If they aren't convicted, they should be allowed to play. Just like I don't decry Jerry Tarkanian for cheating, I think you put the best team on the floor until the police or NCAA says they can't play. Once Joyce declined to press charges, there should have been no possibility of future action. I want the best basketball players representing my team, personal behavior be damned. Michael Vick sure found a job quick, didn't he?

I have a slightly different take on this situation. If they aren't convicted, they should be allowed to play. Just like I don't decry Jerry Tarkanian for cheating, I think you put the best team on the floor until the police or NCAA says they can't play. Once Joyce declined to press charges, there should have been no possibility of future action. I want the best basketball players representing my team, personal behavior be damned. Michael Vick sure found a job quick, didn't he?

yeah, but vick's dogs weren't drunk so they couldn't claim non-consent.

Ya, real quick. All he had to do was be out of football for 2 yrs and spend a long part of that time in a federal prison.

I hope you are a Mizzou grad,given your position on this issue. Your twisted logic means a murderer who isn't prosecuted because of gross mishandling by the investigating police officers should be allowed to play BB at SLU, while another student can't if he cheated on a series of exams or paid someone to write a paper for him.

That, sir is a well thought out position!

wow :blink: wow

the day our fans want to be like tark..........

wow

wow :blink: wow

the day our fans want to be like tark..........

wow

Roy, I respect you quite a bit from the A-10 board, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I want to see winning teams going to the Tournament every year. If it takes some less than perfect characters, so be it.

In short, I want to see wins, and not particularly worried how they come. For all his misgivings and hatred for the Rule Book, he has more titles than many other teams (ours included).

Ya, real quick. All he had to do was be out of football for 2 yrs and spend a long part of that time in a federal prison.

I hope you are a Mizzou grad,given your position on this issue. Your twisted logic means a murderer who isn't prosecuted because of gross mishandling by the investigating police officers should be allowed to play BB at SLU, while another student can't if he cheated on a series of exams or paid someone to write a paper for him.

That, sir is a well thought out position!

Really, murder? Where did that get mentioned?

I am a SLU Law Grad who wants to see this team better at all costs. Having those players makes the team better, so I want them to remain on the team. That is all my statement meant.

Really, murder? Where did that get mentioned?

I am a SLU Law Grad who wants to see this team better at all costs. Having those players makes the team better, so I want them to remain on the team. That is all my statement meant.

Speaking as a SLU grad, your comments are an embarrassment. Pls don't acknowledge, or claim, that anymore. If you actually are a lawyer, you have zero level of comprehension ability. No, you didn't say anything about murder. All you did was say if Joyce doesn't prosecute (and my point was to use a murder example to show just how insane your comment was) then there should be no further action i.e. school discipline AND personal behavior be damned. I would hope you would put the bottle down and realize just how unbelievable your comments are. Man, even the NBA and the NFL have higher standards for their players than you do for a person representing SLU.

Speaking as a SLU grad, your comments are an embarrassment. Pls don't acknowledge, or claim, that anymore. If you actually are a lawyer, you have zero level of comprehension ability. No, you didn't say anything about murder. All you did was say if Joyce doesn't prosecute (and my point was to use a murder example to show just how insane your comment was) then there should be no further action i.e. school discipline AND personal behavior be damned. I would hope you would put the bottle down and realize just how unbelievable your comments are. Man, even the NBA and the NFL have higher standards for their players than you do for a person representing SLU.

Are we more worried about winning games or image here? I don't think the Miami Hurricanes (football) title teams of the 80s were all choirboys either. If they are removed from the school, I am wrong and will admit it. I earned the right to say I graduated from SLU, presumably just as you did.

I did say "personal behavior be damned". Quite simply, I am so tired of taking the moral "high road" and not winning.

Roy, I respect you quite a bit from the A-10 board, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I want to see winning teams going to the Tournament every year. If it takes some less than perfect characters, so be it.

In short, I want to see wins, and not particularly worried how they come. For all his misgivings and hatred for the Rule Book, he has more titles than many other teams (ours included).

if my choice was win the national championship and be like tark or huggins with their kind of players or go 5 - 25 but have a clean program from every aspect. i would tak the 5 - 25.

i dont think we have to be 5 - 25 to have a very good program. but i wouldnt sell the billiken soul to win either.

if my choice was win the national championship and be like tark or huggins with their kind of players or go 5 - 25 but have a clean program from every aspect. i would tak the 5 - 25.

i dont think we have to be 5 - 25 to have a very good program. but i wouldnt sell the billiken soul to win either.

I'm a win at all costs guy. So we can agree to disagree there. The Bills are improving, and improving the "right" way. From seeing your stance on other issues, I will take you at your word. I still think that title would be pretty nice though.

I'm a win at all costs guy. So we can agree to disagree there. The Bills are improving, and improving the "right" way. From seeing your stance on other issues, I will take you at your word. I still think that title would be pretty nice though.

i will be shocked if slu is ever a "win at all costs" institution. wont ever ever happen. and it shouldnt.

You're probably right. I respect your opinion highly. Ok, how about stay classy and start winning big?

As for Bauman....you know what, I'll admit I was wrong. I want to win, but you said something very profound with your quote about Representing SLU. I was looking at wins and losses. In the best interests of all involved, you are probably right. Yes, I will still proudly say I graduated from St. Louis University School of Law in 2004.

Reminds me of the SI poll a few years ago where fans were asked whether they'd be happier if their football coach was Fisher DeBerry (strait-laced Air Force Academy Coach with limited success), or Dennis Erickson (won a ton at Miami with problems all over the place). The vote was nearly split, and that shocked me. I thought that winning cures all ills. Maybe there are some things winning can't cure.

I am extremely interested to see how Roy answers this. Yes, I'm in the B_Roy fan club.

Can I still root for the Billikens either way?

Senior, I think you are living in revisionist history, this board was very negative on RM before he won some games last year. Don't have the time to look it up - but remember the sentiment clearly. Not all, but many. Of course, only the most opinionated are going to take time to post, so you never know how skewed a message board's opinion may be.

Senior, I think you are living in revisionist history, this board was very negative on RM before he won some games last year. Don't have the time to look it up - but remember the sentiment clearly. Not all, but many. Of course, only the most opinionated are going to take time to post, so you never know how skewed a message board's opinion may be.

So the guy with 5 total posts knows more about this board than the regulars who have thousands of posts. Gotcha.

There are a few individuals that have their issues with Rick, but the general sentiment has not been and is not negative towards Rick.

My conference standings go as follows ...

1 Temple

2 Xavier

3 Dayton

4 Slu

5 Richmond

6 Duquense

7 Charlotte

8 Rhode Island

9 La Salle

10 UMASS

11 G. W.

12 St. Joe's

13 St. Bonaventure

14 Fordham

Before explaining I will say this ... the top 6 could shake out any way, its that close. Temple and Xavier deserve the distinction of top 2 until someone knocks them off. It is very hard to vote against either of those teams until proven otherwise.

Dayton and Slu will interchange all season, I believe. I think Dayton is better this season by getting rid of one dimensional players (Warren, Huelsman, Lowery) who offered basically nothing but a body and they replaced them with two top PG's. Josh Parker (transfer from Drake, led the Valley in 3 PT shooting in 08-09) and Five Star Oak Hill PG Juwan Staten will make this team instantly better and they already have the best wing tandem in the league (Wright, Johnson). I think our Billikins will be right there too! It really depends on if Reed/Mitchell are suspended and how the young talent actually matures now that teams have exclusive scouting reports on each player. Majerus is pound for pound the best coach in the league, but will the maturation of the players follow??!!

Richmond and the Dukes will make minor noise all season but will be outside of the top four.

I am excited for this season and for my Billikins to dominate!

BILLYBILLY FOR LIFE!!!

1 Temple

2 Xavier

3 Dayton

4 Slu

5 Richmond

6 Duquense

7 Charlotte

8 Rhode Island

9 La Salle

10 UMASS

11 G. W.

12 St. Joe's

13 St. Bonaventure

14 Fordham

Before explaining I will say this ... the top 6 could shake out any way, its that close. Temple and Xavier deserve the distinction of top 2 until someone knocks them off. It is very hard to vote against either of those teams until proven otherwise.

Dayton and Slu will interchange all season, I believe. I think Dayton is better this season by getting rid of one dimensional players (Warren, Huelsman, Lowery) who offered basically nothing but a body and they replaced them with two top PG's. Josh Parker (transfer from Drake, led the Valley in 3 PT shooting in 08-09) and Five Star Oak Hill PG Juwan Staten will make this team instantly better and they already have the best wing tandem in the league (Wright, Johnson). I think our Billikins will be right there too! It really depends on if Reed/Mitchell are suspended and how the young talent actually matures now that teams have exclusive scouting reports on each player. Majerus is pound for pound the best coach in the league, but will the maturation of the players follow??!!

Richmond and the Dukes will make minor noise all season but will be outside of the top four.

BILLYBILLY FOR LIFE!!!

I like what you are saying, but it is spelled Billikens :)

1 Temple

2 Xavier

3 Dayton

4 Slu

5 Richmond

6 Duquense

7 Charlotte

8 Rhode Island

9 La Salle

10 UMASS

11 G. W.

12 St. Joe's

13 St. Bonaventure

14 Fordham

BILLYBILLY FOR LIFE!!!

That literally does not make sense. You use "pound for pound" when a guy is smaller than average but is more effective than one would expect given his size. If Majerus is "pound-for-pound" the best coach in the league, he should already have won five A-10 championships in three years!