Fordham in New Jersey

Taj79

Our game at Fordham on Wednesday, January 19, is scheduled to be played in the 20K seat IZOD Center in East Rutherford. I am assuming thisis the old Meadowlands Arena or the Continental Airlines Arena -- home of the NJ Nets, yes? What is Fordham thinking? Don't know if we are part of a larger DH (on a Wednesday night in January in NJ?!?!) but I doubt it. Can't see the masses of Fordham Jerseyites packing the place and I am sure our nrothern NJ contingent will be even lighter than our southern NJ contingent in March.

Fordham is playing us, Rhode Island and St. Joe's there this year. The rent alone might sink that program.

Fordham is playing us, Rhode Island and St. Joe's there this year. The rent alone might sink that program.

I think I read on the A-10 board they get to play there for free.

I have to be the only Billiken fan thrilled with the geography of the A-10

Our game at Fordham on Wednesday, January 19, is scheduled to be played in the 20K seat IZOD Center in East Rutherford. I am assuming thisis the old Meadowlands Arena or the Continental Airlines Arena -- home of the NJ Nets, yes? What is Fordham thinking? Don't know if we are part of a larger DH (on a Wednesday night in January in NJ?!?!) but I doubt it. Can't see the masses of Fordham Jerseyites packing the place and I am sure our nrothern NJ contingent will be even lighter than our southern NJ contingent in March.

Also a game with Temple in Jersey Meadowlands.

Same place- that gives them 4 home games at the Izod Center (SLU, Rhody, and St. Joe's are the other 3).

Well, the SLU NY City alumni club will have some great seats available to them. If that's the meadowlands it's a hike from Fordham and traffic is a bi**h. My guess they pull in around 2000 fans which is sad for NYC area. Heck chess matches in Central Park can draw 5000 fans.

Well, the SLU NY City alumni club will have some great seats available to them. If that's the meadowlands it's a hike from Fordham and traffic is a bi**h. My guess they pull in around 2000 fans which is sad for NYC area. Heck chess matches in Central Park can draw 5000 fans.

Just as a quick anecdote I was at Katz Deli about this time last year and I saw a girl there in a SLU shirt so in between bites of my Pastrami on Rye I asked her about it. She was a recent grad representin' in the Big Apple.

They might not be paying too much rent. Wasn't that building abandoned by the Nets and Devils for a new one in Newark? They're probably scrambling to get any event they can find.

They might not be paying too much rent. Wasn't that building abandoned by the Nets and Devils for a new one in Newark? They're probably scrambling to get any event they can find.

This.

The Devils now play in the state-of-the-art Prudential Center in Newark. The Nets also moved there for the time being but have a new place going up in Brooklyn that they'll play in as soon as it's ready, and probably change their name to reflect the geographic move. Special events now seem to be split between the Izod Center and Prudential Center.

Fordham is getting this now tenant-less arena for next to nothing, I'm sure. Hopefully they wind up with bigger crowds than they're getting in the Bronx (I still really want to see a game at Rose Hill, though), but that giant arena in the Meadowlands is going to feel empty.

This.

The Devils now play in the state-of-the-art Prudential Center in Newark. The Nets also moved there for the time being but have a new place going up in Brooklyn that they'll play in as soon as it's ready, and probably change their name to reflect the geographic move. Special events now seem to be split between the Izod Center and Prudential Center.

Fordham is getting this now tenant-less arena for next to nothing, I'm sure. Hopefully they wind up with bigger crowds than they're getting in the Bronx (I still really want to see a game at Rose Hill, though), but that giant arena in the Meadowlands is going to feel empty.

I have seen a game at Rose Hill and it is a neat little gym. It needs upgrades, but it is big enough for their fan base. They could at least create a semblance of a home court advantage there, unlike a big sterile building. There will probably be as many SLU fans as Fordham at this game. I was hoping to go, but the game is on a weeknight, so I likely won't be able to get away. :( At least my brother will be there to represent.

just the thought of fordham playing games in a big arena like that takes me back to our days at the "checkerdome" where everyone there had a front row seat for a billiken game. horrible horrible move by fordham