Did SLU pay Duke?

bomble

I read on Metzinger's blog that SLU apparently paid Duke $75K to play them next season. (He started a blog)

If this is true, can anyone verify if this is commonplace in college hoops? I don't know if it is or isn't. I remember hearing rumors during our NIT appearance when I was at SLU that Notre Dame paid us to have the game in Indiana, but that was never verified.

I read on Metzinger's blog that SLU apparently paid Duke $75K to play them next season. (He started a blog)

If this is true, can anyone verify if this is commonplace in college hoops? I don't know if it is or isn't. I remember hearing rumors during our NIT appearance when I was at SLU that Notre Dame paid us to have the game in Indiana, but that was never verified.

I would doubt this - in fact most had reported that we were the buy game for Duke.

Bomble-

Which point did your thread really care more about, telling us SLU paid for the Duke game....or informing us about and directing us to Metz' website?

Bomble-

Which point did your thread really care more about, telling us SLU paid for the Duke game....or informing us about and directing us to Metz' website?

It was more about Duke. If I had made a claim unsubstantiated, people would say "where did you hear that?" and it would then go on down the line. I'd prefer not to open up another open Metz post. But, that's where I heard it.

I'm more interested if what his blog alleges is true.

It was more about Duke. If I had made a claim unsubstantiated, people would say "where did you hear that?" and it would then go on down the line. I'd prefer not to open up another open Metz post. But, that's where I heard it.

I'm more interested if what his blog alleges is true.

According to Rick Majerus and Chris May his report is completely false.

According to Rick Majerus and Chris May his report is completely false.

That's fair. I guess I do not know if colleges actually pay each other just to play. I realize there is probably some sort of profit sharing, but where did Majerus say this?

That's fair. I guess I do not know if colleges actually pay each other just to play. I realize there is probably some sort of profit sharing, but where did Majerus say this?

Normally, the home team does the paying. No profit sharing just an agreed upon fee or it is a two game contract - home and home and each team keeps their revenue. I figured it was Metz just making stuff up but was not sure who you are.

Normally, the home team does the paying. No profit sharing just an agreed upon fee or it is a two game contract - home and home and each team keeps their revenue. I figured it was Metz just making stuff up but was not sure who you are.

Oh, that's what I was looking for. Thank you for answering my question. I just didn't know how it works.

I am an old friend of Metz's from SLU, but, contrary to the assertions of some, I am not Metz. My name is Jim Swift -- nice to meet you.

I can assure you all, he is not Metz. I know Swifty.

Ditto on vouching for Mr. Swift. As far as I know, and I am "in the business," there are no credentials needed to blog. Cureently, there are more than 100 MILLION bloggers on the web. YouTube boasts 300 million users. Facebook claims over 400 million active viewers. There are over 30 million Tweets on Twitter per month. And its a free country with freedom of speech perceived as a god-given yet profane right.

I'd go on Metz's blog just to see what he's saying now but I don't want to give him a "hit." If nobody hears your rants, are you relevant? If a tree falls in the forest ....

Ditto on vouching for Mr. Swift. As far as I know, and I am "in the business," there are no credentials needed to blog. Cureently, there are more than 100 MILLION bloggers on the web. YouTube boasts 300 million users. Facebook claims over 400 million active viewers. There are over 30 million Tweets on Twitter per month. And its a free country with freedom of speech perceived as a god-given yet profane right.

I'd go on Metz's blog just to see what he's saying now but I don't want to give him a "hit." If nobody hears your rants, are you relevant? If a tree falls in the forest ....

I can only imagine the uproar at my place of work if blogging required credentials. It'd make my life easier if that were the case, but it will never happen. However, clicks and hits are currency of legitimacy in the eyes of some, so you can vote with your mouse! What kind of e-business are you in, Taj? Not sure we ever talked about that in our time at the pre-game party. I just started an e-business in VA.

And no, I'm not selling stuff on eBay....

I appreciate the vouching from other members.

I am in the media business where in I advise a media-conscious and media savvy group. well that's their self-perception at times.. Despite this advice, and advice of similar colleagues, we are still apt to hear items, post-advice, like "Absolutely, GEN McChrystal, having "The Rolling Stone" reporter in is a no-brainer and, don't you worry about it, we'll handle everything off the record."

I am in the media business where in I advise a media-conscious and media savvy group. well that's their self-perception at times.. Despite this advice, and advice of similar colleagues, we are still apt to hear items, post-advice, like "Absolutely, GEN McChrystal, having "The Rolling Stone" reporter in is a no-brainer and, don't you worry about it, we'll handle everything off the record."

I did really enjoy the McChrystal article, though. The company I started will do small scale web ads for some locally based D.C. websites, and no, not bomble.com/jimswift.net -- nobody really reads those.