Baseball loses big at Arkansas!

At least we scored 8 runs.....

I was waiting for this to be posted. Again, mid week games for a team with little pitching depth can really hurt. It doesn't help when it is a world series team from last year and Mallett throws 2 tds in the first inning.

Big conference weekend coming up. I will probably be there both Friday and Saturday.

Road game. Team made CWS last year. Top ten now. Baseball is a sport where teams are prone to occassional big stinkers. Scored 8 runs, at least not a shutout.

Chillax

I'm relaxed, Who's not relaxed? I'm very relaxed! I'm just sayin 14 runs in the first and they mercy ruled us in the 7th! I didn't even know college baseball had a mercy rule!

I'm relaxed, Who's not relaxed? I'm very relaxed! I'm just sayin 14 runs in the first and they mercy ruled us in the 7th! I didn't even know college baseball had a mercy rule!

Travel days there is a mercy rule.

I heard a rumor you singled handedly mercy ruled a team in your day. Can you confirm this?

I cannot confirm however I did get really drunk one night and turned the hose on the field to get us a rain out.

I cannot confirm however I did get really drunk one night and turned the hose on the field to get us a rain out.

Like icing over the bus lot in January to get a snow day. Ah, the good old days before they realized the need for security cameras.

High tech aluminum / plutonium bats should be banned.

Wood bats ONLY.

These bats actually level the playing field a bit. With wood bats I believe that the gap between the great and decent teams widens. SLU would have still got the snot kicked out of them with wood bats and may have looked even worse. 32 runs but only 4 homeruns. It's not like every hitter was up there hitting the ball over the fence. Arkansas can straight up hit.

These bats actually level the playing field a bit. With wood bats I believe that the gap between the great and decent teams widens. SLU would have still got the snot kicked out of them with wood bats and may have looked even worse. 32 runs but only 4 homeruns. It's not like every hitter was up there hitting the ball over the fence. Arkansas can straight up hit.

JJU:

Until this post, I thought you were one of the most consistent, reliable, sensible posters on this nutboard. Salt of the Earth.

But, WTF?

High tech aluminum plutonium bats make a farce of the game.

Have you watched this sh*t?

Guys are jammed, hit the ball to the opposite field for a triple against the wall.

Gio could hit .420 these days.

Like making the hoop in basketball 8" wider.

JJU:

Until this post, I thought you were one of the most consistent, reliable, sensible posters on this nutboard. Salt of the Earth.

But, WTF?

High tech aluminum plutonium bats make a farce of the game.

Have you watched this sh*t?

Guys are jammed, hit the ball to the opposite field for a triple against the wall.

Gio could hit .420 these days.

Like making the hoop in basketball 8" wider.

Sorry to let you down MB. I never said I was for the use of these bats or that I am against the use of wood bats, hell I play in a wood bat league myself. I just think that the use of these juiced bats levels the playing field a bit for the teams, which is true. Using wood bats would definetly show which teams are the elite teams out there. Honestly, I think they should start using wood bats when these kids play in high school, but that will never happen.

Sorry to let you down MB. I never said I was for the use of these bats or that I am against the use of wood bats, hell I play in a wood bat league myself. I just think that the use of these juiced bats levels the playing field a bit for the teams, which is true. Using wood bats would definetly show which teams are the elite teams out there. Honestly, I think they should start using wood bats when these kids play in high school, but that will never happen.

while i agree they bring the lesser player to a higher standard i think it takes the best players to an even higher performance.

i.e. if you ranked the weak hitting shortstop prior to the juiced bat he was a 2 the bat made him a 4 the stud center fielder who was a 6 is now a 10.

I don't think it levels the playing field at all. The biggest thing that seperates teams at all levels in baseball is pitching. Not using wood bats just further exposes bad pitching. I think it increases the gap between good and bad teams.

I don't think it levels the playing field at all. The biggest thing that seperates teams at all levels in baseball is pitching. Not using wood bats just further exposes bad pitching. I think it increases the gap between good and bad teams.

Absolutely.

The pitching gap widens.

Then you see ridiculous 32-8 games.

The other thing is, someone is gonna get killed, line drive to temple of a pitcher some day.