Iowa game

The Wiz

Big 10 schools play very physical ball and Iowa is no exception. If the Bills play loose like they did against Memphis we can win this game.

Of concern... I like the game being on TV, but the game time does not lend itself to a good "in the seats" crowd. Just what is the thinking or planning of the NIT.

The arena - a creek runs through it - will provide much better opportunties for us. And it seems that since there has yet to be a ground breaking announcement that our opening season will be one year later than hoped.

>>Big 10 schools play very physical ball and Iowa is no exception.<<

We're much better off against a team that bangs as opposed to one with human jumping jacks. This team does not appear to be as physical as the Minnesota team we faced last year and Ian should fare well in such a game--he'll be the biggest kid on the floor. This also should be Tom Frericks kind of game so his absense hurts.

>And it seems that since there

>has yet to be a ground breaking announcement that our

>opening season will be one year later than hoped.

I would think that if the on-campus facility is ready in the midst of the 2005-2006 season (say, January 2006), then they would move into the building and open it against an A-10 foe (Xavier, perhaps?). The primary issue would be seating, but I think that can be done. The other issue would be whether or not tickets sold for Savvis could be honored at the new arena. Frankly, I hope they wouldn't have to wait nine, ten, or eleven months to play in their building just because they didn't get it done before the start of the season.

Time is quickly passing and who knows when construction will begin? I remember reading that construction needed to begin in January in order to meet the deadline. We are three months behind.

I thought I read somewhere that there had already been a "sort of" groundbreaking in the sense that the site was being cleared. Work is going on at the site, so if the clearing process was included in the time estimate, maybe things aren't as far behind as it might seem.

The Waring School has been demolished. The arena will take 16-18 months to build after "groundbreaking" Clearing the school is NOT groundbreaking. SLU is still in the the fund raising mode. They will not break ground until all the funds are committed. If we are talking about 16-18 months to build, then we need to break ground between May and July to open in time for the 05-06 season.

If we knew going into the season that the games would be split between Savvis and the new arena, why would it be a problem? Seating at the respecive arenas would just need to be determined in advance. It isn't any different than when season ticket holders were sent tickets to the dome for regular games against Mizzou, Illinois, and K. State.

... this is the second complete season at the new ComCast Center. They opened that with the first home game of last year ... the 2002-2003 season. Cole finished with the Dixon/Baster team. Comcast opened with Blake as a senior. This is its second year.

What the Rams did seems like a good solution.

For seats, they just printed both where you would sit at Busch and where you would sit at the Dome on the Tickets. There were no problems at all. They just had to print the tickets differently.

It makes sense to me.